Company Name: Peninsula Light Company
Phone Number: (253) 857-1504
City: Gig Harbor
Job Title: Journeyman Meterman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Metermen
Posting Start Date: May 2, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Wireman Foreman, this position performs assigned work related to the installation, programming, calibration, and maintenance of all types and sizes of meters, associated instruments, equipment and wiring. Deploys, programs, operates and maintains AMR endpoints.
This is a non-supervisory position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Programs, installs, tests, repairs, and maintains all types and sizes of meters, current transformers, potential transformers, instruments, associated equipment, and wiring; programs, deploys and troubleshoots AMR endpoints.
- Calibrates, repairs, maintains, and programs all primary and secondary standards, whether indicating or recording types.
- Maintains and organizes meter-associated inventory.
- Performs load and voltage surveys from demand meters, recorded charts and other acquired metering data.
- Investigates special needs of large customers, evaluates power loads and prepares sketches for installation of metering.
- Review future computer technology for compatibility with company goals.
- Assists with power diversion investigations and system security program.
- Investigates voltage and metering complaints and advises on methods for correcting trouble.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution systems, including residential, commercial and industrial loads, service and metering requirements.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the electrical metering trade.
- Working knowledge of electricity, electronics, trigonometry, and vector diagrams pertaining to electrical metering.
- Knowledge of theory and principles related to wiring systems and ability to read and interpret diagrams as applied to metering.
- Working knowledge of computers and computer programs related to electronic meters, power quality monitoring equipment and the AMR system.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures including the Washington State Electrical Workers’ Safety Rules (WAC 296-45) and metering standards.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions for this type of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to maintain interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy with fellow employees.
- Ability to courteously and effectively deal with customer complaints, service questions or problems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Individual assigned to this position is often required to work in field conditions and may be under adverse weather conditions. May be expected to work extended out-of-routine hours for emergencies or on certain projects. Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds.
High school diploma or G.E.D., supplemented by courses in electricity, basic mathematics, algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Must have successfully completed an approved meterman apprenticeship and is certified as a Journeyman Meterman. Individual must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and have CPR, first aid, flagging, and fork-lift certifications.
How to Apply:
Click “View Job Opportunities”
Select “Journeyman Meterman”
Fill out and Submit online application
Posting End Date: June 2, 2017