Company Name: Municipal Light & Power
Phone Number: (907) 263-7671
Job Title: Journeyman Meterman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Metermen
Posting Start Date: March 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Under direct supervision of the Working Meter Foreman, performs working level construction and maintenance support tasks for the Municipal Light & Power Utility requiring application of commonly accepted work practices to a variety of metering and transformer systems in completing required work of major complexity.
Perform the following tasks:
- Work with other metermen and/or other individuals assigned to section.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, verify and calibrate all types of metering to include: substation and generation station metering equipment, transformer rated, polyphase and single phase meters, recorders, totalizers, power analyzers and communication devices..
- Install and monitor all field load research equipment.
- Complete paperwork as needed documenting the installation, maintenance, testing and repair of meters and metering equipment.
- Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain communication programs, protocol and wiring for metering equipment.
- Perform installation and removal of recording voltmeters and ammeters, watt/var meters, power factor meters, multi-phase instruments and other specialized test instruments; and provide analysis of results produced by such recording equipment.
- Perform metering system audits on commercial, residential, substation, generation station reporting of quantities measured.
- Inspect service entrance equipment for compliance with ML&P’s Electric Service requirements.
- Install test, troubleshoot, and maintain all load research metering and associated equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school graduate, GED, or the equivalent; successful completion of the Municipal Light & Power Meterman Training Program; and must have Journeyman Meterman status.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent; successful completion of an approved Meterman trainee program; five (5) years of electric meter work experience; and must have Journeyman Meterman status.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent; course work, seminars and/or apprenticeship training in electrical theory with emphasis on metering, testing, calibration, installing and/or maintaining equipment associated with electrical metering applications; successful completion of Algebra and Trigonometry courses; five (5) years electric meter work experience; and must have Journeyman Meterman status.
Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver’s License within 30 days of hire.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please navigate to the Anchorage municipal website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/moa/default.cfm. You may contact the Employee Relations office via phone at 907-343-4425 or email email@example.com.
Anchorage Municipal Light and Power (ML&P) in Anchorage, Alaska is currently looking to hire a Journeyman Meterman. If you would like to thrive and grow within an industry that is constantly changing and evolving, this could be the right opportunity for you!
At ML&P, our electric utility customers’ quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of our people working to make life more comfortable for our customers. At ML&P, we know our vitality comes from our people! It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, marketing and customer service as well as energy traders, mechanics, linemen, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our utility. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
Posting End Date: May 29, 2017