Under direct supervision of the Working Meter Foreman, performs working level construction and maintenance support tasks for the Municipal Light & Power Utility requiring application of commonly accepted work practices to a variety of metering and transformer systems in completing required work of major complexity.
Perform the following tasks:
• Work with other metermen and/or other individuals assigned to section.
• Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, verify and calibrate all types of metering to include: substation and generation station metering equipment, transformer rated, polyphase and single phase meters, recorders, totalizers, power analyzers and communication devices.
• Install and monitor all field load research equipment.
• Complete paperwork as needed documenting the installation, maintenance, testing and repair of meters and metering equipment.
• Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain communication programs, protocol and wiring for metering equipment.
• Perform installation and removal of recording voltmeters and ammeters, watt/var meters, power factor meters, multi-phase instruments and other specialized test instruments; and provide analysis of results produced by such recording equipment.
• Perform metering system audits on commercial, residential, substation, generation station reporting of quantities measured.
• Inspect service entrance equipment for compliance with ML&P’s Electric Service requirements.
• Install test, troubleshoot, and maintain all load research metering and associated equipment.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.