Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
PGE is offering up to $15K for relocation from out of state, excellent medical with a 90/10 split. 6% match on 401k with additional 5% profit share. Seven paid holidays with an additional 4 paid floating holidays, vacation and sick time. Stock option purchase at a reduced rate.
Journeyman Lineman (U17-137)
$43.81 per hour
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company’s lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions