Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman (U16-003)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: April 28, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: full time
Work Time Type: Hours
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Journeyman Lineman (U16-003)
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company’s lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
The successful candidate should have:
- Journeyman Lineman card required.
- Hot stick experience required.
- Possess a CDL Class A driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
- Must be able to climb.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U16-003. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Open until filled
Posting End Date: May 28, 2016