Company Name: Inland Power & Light
Phone Number: (509) 747-7151
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman – Rover
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: October 23, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Inland Power & Light Company has an opening for a journeyman linemen based in Spokane, Washington. The cooperative provides a very competitive wage and benefit package. Safely perform all the necessary activities in the construction and maintenance of energized and de-energized overhead and underground distribution and transmission lines. Safety comes first and all journeymen linemen are required to learn, apply and comply with all safety policies and practices, as well as all safety rules and regulations. Also, the journeyman lineman is expected to coach and train apprentice linemen and other operations personnel in safe work practices and behavior. This position requires the journeyman lineman to perform, as needed, all the duties of a groundman, equipment operator and carry out traffic flagging. All journeyman lineman must see that trucks, tools and assigned equipment are properly used and kept in good working order. Journeyman lineman are required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a current IBEW issued journeyman lineman card and can safely and competently perform all job duties associated with the journeyman lineman function.
- Have a valid Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) with an acceptable driving record.
- Have a current flagging certification.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation drug and alcohol screen and remain drug and alcohol free while at work.
- Must pass a pre-employment, job-related, physical capacities test.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed and willing to accept after hours call-outs on a regular basis.
- “Rovers.” Personnel not assigned to a particular headquarters will be assigned a headquarters within a twenty-five mile radius of the IBEW Local 77’s headquarters at 1506 N. Washington, Spokane. These employees will report to the appropriate warehouse at the regular starting time as assigned by the cooperative during the previous work day. These employees shall live within twenty-five miles of the IBEW Local 77’s headquarters at 1506 N. Washington, Spokane. The cooperative reserves the right to make a final determination on this requirement. Travel outside the twenty-five mile radius will be addressed by the cooperative according to the applicable cooperative policies and provisions of Inland Power’s collective bargaining agreement. (Time will be given for a relocation if applicable)
How to Apply:
If your credentials and interest match this job, please visit Inland Power’s website to download a application. Please send your completed application, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail them to, Inland Power & Light Company, 10110 W. Hallett Rd., Spokane WA 99224-7435, Attn: Human Resources.
Posting End Date: November 9, 2017