Company Name: Inland Power & Light
Phone Number: (509) 789-4277
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman – Rover
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: April 19, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Performs skilled and diversified electrical work in the construction, maintenance and operation of the Cooperative’s electrical transmission and distribution system, both overhead and underground.
- Strings, splices, transfers and sags wire in energized or de-energized circuits and connects wire and transformers as specified or directed. Shortens or lengthens lines by adding or removing wire, using a variety of types of splices, connectors, sleeves or clamps. Regularly works above ground on poles or steel towers using climbers and safety belt or operating man lift equipment, boom truck or other specialized equipment, not limited to but including, backhoes, boats, ATVs and snow machines.
- Routes or re-routes power lines over, under or around existing lines and structures, regularly working above, on, or in close proximity to energized lines. Selects and uses a variety of “hot line” tools and makes use of rubber gloves, line hoses, mechanical jumpers, fiber guards, blankets and other protective devices as specified. Works on all voltages as required throughout the system.
- Installs, removes, transfers, maintains and/or repairs cross arms, pins, insulators, guys, transformer and switch racks and other overhead pole and underground residential distribution (URD) equipment using a variety of hand tools, equipment and power tools.
- Installs and removes transformers, including primary and secondary current transformers and self-contained meters, cutouts, disconnecting switches, circuit breakers and other overhead line and URD devices, rigging block and tackle where necessary or working with ground crew and winch to raise and lower equipment. May install street and area lights, working with primary and secondary voltages.
- Performs line switching or sectionalizing as directed. Performs emergency repairs, phases and connects circuits under load; performs load checks and balances feeders as required.
- Inspects lines, poles both below and above ground line and equipment for signs of damage or wear and reports deficiencies. May be required to apply pole treatment to poles as part of the pole treatment program.
- Assists in carrying poles, digging holes, piking and guying poles and other such operations involved in the setting or replacing of poles.
- Assists in on-the-job training of apprentices and other crew members in maintenance and construction of power lines.
- May troubleshoot electrical problems on Cooperative equipment using, but not limited to, any and all line testing equipment provided by Inland.
- May trim trees, fall danger trees and clear ROW in vicinity of power lines.
- May direct activities of personnel in equal or lower classifications, including assisting in training apprentices.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Keeps others informed. Reports and written communications are clear, timely and relevant. Use clear and correct verbal communication to varied individuals or groups. Listen responsively.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program recognized by the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee and the IBEW.
- Journeyman in good standing with the IBEW Local 77.
- Familiar with WAC 296-45 standards and certified in OSHA 1910.269 training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid, unrestricted Class A (minimum) Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- First Aid/CPR card along with flagger’s card.
- Knowledgeable and competent in “Pole Top Rescue.”
- Must possess sound decision-making skills.
- Must possess and maintain a safe work record.
- Excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical which includes drug, alcohol, back and knee evaluation/x-rays.
How to Apply:
If your credentials and interest match this job, please send your completed application, cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to, Inland Power & Light Company, 10110 W. Hallett Rd., Spokane WA 99224-7435, Attn: Human Resources.
Posting End Date: May 10, 2018