Company Name: City of Cascade Locks
Phone Number: (541) 374-8484
City: Cascade Locks
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: April 20, 2018
Salary: City of Cascade Locks, IBEW Union Scale
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40+
Work Time Type: Hours
This position performs skilled work at the journeyman level in the construction, maintenance and operation of underground and overhead electrical distribution systems. The work involves the performance of skilled tasks in accordance with standard trade practices in construction, operation and maintenance of the municipally-owned electric distribution system. Our distribution system consists of approximately 50 miles of primary and 8 miles of secondary voltages. We serve approximately 800 customers in and around Cascade Locks
- A High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hold a valid IBEW Journeyman Lineman card.
- Must be able to climb poles.
- Hotline experience required.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA requirements required.
- One year experience as a journeyman lineman.
- Must be able to respond to outages within 20 minutes.
- Able to be in on-call rotation.
- Must be physically fit enough to do normal lifting and pulling required to do normal line construction and maintenance
- Must have or have the ability to obtain an Oregon Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a current CPR and First Aid card.
- Pre-employment drug screen, educational and experience verification are all requirements for employment in this position. Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions is also required. A pre-employment criminal history and background check will be conducted to confirm compliance with this requirement.
- Must have no felony conviction or other disqualifying criminal history within the past 7 year.
- Must be in excellent physical health with no medical disabilities that would impair your ability to perform the essential duties of this job as decribed in the job description.
- A pre-employment physical may be required to verify compliance with this requirement.
- Residence in the City of Cascade Locks is encouraged, but not required for this position.
How to Apply:
Job description and application available at City Hall or on our web site at www.cascade-locks.or.us
Submit application to City of Cascade Locks, Attn: HR, PO Box 308, Cascade Locks, OR 97014. Resume will not be accepted in lieu of application. Open until filled. EOE.
Posting End Date: May 20, 2018