Company Name: Chelan County PUD
Phone Number: 509-661-8121
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: February 13, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Journeyman Lineman duties include construction and maintenance of overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems. Direct responsibility for completing assigned work in a safe and efficient manner and for the general condition of trucks, special equipment and tools.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 85% Must efficiently construct all phases of overhead and underground line work according to District line construction standards and practices; must know and understand District operating instructions.
2. EF 10% Understand WAC 45 and OSHA 1910.269 rules and be responsible for tools and equipment needed to install and maintain the District’s electrical system. This responsibility may include purchasing and inventory of new equipment, tools, and learning new technology.
3. EF 5% Once qualified will be required to fill-in as Temporary Foreman or Serviceman on an as-needed basis.
4. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
5. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
No post-secondary education required. Some College or Technical training preferred. Applicant must have completed a JATC or NJATC lineman apprenticeship school and have a valid lineman card through the IBEW union.
Must have experience in line construction and maintenance, and be proficient in using tools and equipment of the trade on energized and de-energized systems. Must have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity as pertains to utility systems.
How to Apply:
Although the position is Open Until Filled, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately online at www.chelanpud.org. The first review date is scheduled for March 7, 2018.
Interviews will be scheduled March 19th thru March 28, 2018
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
Posting End Date: March 13, 2018