Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: October 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Power Operations Supervisor or designee, performs skilled installation, construction, maintenance and repair of the City’s electrical utility distribution and transmission systems. Prepares and updates reports and records, including updating work order maps. Subject to 24-hour callout for emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that will provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Journeyman Lineman Certification upon hire date.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class “A” CDL upon hire date.
- First Aid Card, CPR Certification and Flagging Card within three (3) months of hire date.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working with underground cable and terminations.
- Three (3) or more years of experience using hot sticks.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment such as a bucket truck, boom truck, backhoe, and overhead and underground wire pulling equipment
- Knowledge of O.S.H.A. and W.I.S.H.A. regulations and policies and procedures applicable to assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of project management cost and schedule controls.
- Ability to operate a computer system in a windows based environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
How to Apply:
Final selection will be based on overall qualifications, oral board interview, background check, and pre-employment physical w/DOT drug & alcohol screening.
Apply online at www.ci.richland.wa.us.
Posting End Date: October 15, 2017