Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: August 23, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
A Lineman performs disconnects, installs and maintains area/ street lights as well as builds, maintains and trouble shoots the District’s electrical system. Daily activities include but are not limited to working with low and high voltage cables, installing/ removing meters, installing/ removing high and low voltage wire, building new structures or maintaining existing structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs tasks required to construct, maintain or repair electric power transmission, overhead and underground distribution lines.
- Installs and maintains street lights and associated equipment, low voltage circuits and equipment, and watt-hour meters.
- Responds to customer voltage and service complaints as assigned.
- Uses hand and power tools and equipment of the trade.
- Works with and near energized high voltage conductors and operates tools and equipment in proximity to these conductors.
- Supervises and participates in tree trimming.
- Performs electric system switching.
- Mentors and trains Apprentices and Groundman.
- Uses sound judgment.
- Works harmoniously with assigned crew members and resolves issues as they arise
- Understands and follows safety rules.
- Performs pole top and bucket rescue.
- Capable of working after hours in scheduled and unscheduled conditions and responding to afterhours call-outs.
- May be assigned to read meters on route.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the Operations Superintendent to help the Electric Operations business unit meet District goals and expectations.
- Must have completed a sanctioned Lineman Apprenticeship, including the use of live line tools.
- Must be a journeyman lineman.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
Posting End Date: September 8, 2017