Company Name: Copper Valley Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 822-8342
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: August 9, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Personally performs the following activities:
- Construct and maintain distribution and transmission lines and related equipment, doing all ordinary line work without special supervision.
- Perform work on energized lines as necessary within normal safety guidelines for such work and ensure that those assigned to work with him/her follows such guidelines.
- Make all types of single and polyphase transformer connections.
- Install and move, or remove transformers, secondaries, service drops, oil circuit breakers, poles, conductors, or any other line equipment assigned.
- Install and remove instrument transformers and recording or indicating meters of all types. Make load and voltage tests when assigned.
- Must be able to interpret line maps, staking sheets, and REA construction drawings, and adhere to applicable codes and specifications.
- Maintain working knowledge of up-to-date techniques of first aid pole top rescue and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Train and provide guidance to apprentices and/or groundmen assigned to work with him/her.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety rules, and regulations.
- Operate automotive and construction equipment when assigned. Comply with all traffic laws, safety rules, regulations, and safe practices while operating any cooperative equipment.
- See that trucks, tools, and working equipment assigned to him/her are properly used and kept in good working condition, and that any repairs that may be required are promptly reported to Line Foreman or other assigned personnel.
- Assist in the testing, disposal, and record keeping for all electrical equipment; including, but not limited to, transformers, OCRs, meters, regulators, capacitors, etc.
- Conduct routine and regular inspection of distribution lines, transmission lines, and substations, etc. All deficiencies will be recorded in writing and turned in to Line Superintendent. If safety hazard exists, correction is to be made immediately.
- A written record is to be maintained of any and all line inspections, and a copy given to Line Superintendent.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must have completed an approved apprentice program for electrical lineman. Must have at least four (4) years practical experience and have passed the IBEW, or other equal examination, required for this classification.Must possess a current, or be able to obtain, Journeyman Lineman State Fitness Card issued by the Alaska Department of Labor. Must possess, or be able to qualify for and obtain, a Class A Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Alaska.
- Must recognize the responsibility of the cooperative to its members to provide continuity of service, which may require working overtime.
- Must maintain a primary residence in the district in which normally assigned to work. Must fulfill residence requirements as defined in Sec. 8.1(l) of the current working agreement between Copper Valley Electric Association and the IBEW.
- This position is responsible for carrying out all activities following safety rules and guidelines as established by the National Electric Safety Code. Is also responsible for ensuring assigned personnel follow appropriate safety rules in performing all assigned duties.
How to Apply:
A complete application packet is available at www.cvea.org, careers section. A CVEA application is required.
Posting End Date: September 8, 2017