Company Name: Emerald People's Utility District
Phone Number: (541) 744-7457
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: July 25, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
An electrical lineman shall:
1. Satisfactorily perform all duties involving the construction and maintenance of Emerald’s electric lines and services; respond to trouble calls; handle line construction and operation; set and remove meters; maintain street and yard lighting; and other related duties as requested.
2. Perform extensive customer contact work as a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous representative of Emerald PUD.
3. Responsibly handle vehicles, equipment, and tools provided for utility work.
4. Observe and comply with safety practices, Emerald work rules, and county, state, and federal code regulations.
5. Complete other tasks as requested.
NOTE: The description is intended to represent key areas of responsibility. It is not meant to be all inclusive and does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Nothing in this description restrict’s EPUD’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving business needs.
- Must be qualified through education, examination, and experience as a journeyman lineman, having a minimum of three years on-the-job training with an electrical utility under the supervision of a journeyman lineman. A written examination may be required.
- Must have good physical condition and stamina. The work is often heavy and requires the lifting or carrying of objects sometimes weighing 50 lbs. or more. Stooping, crouching, or crawling might be required, as well as stretching, reaching and climbing while maintaining bodily balance. The job is primarily outside, often with little relief from bad weather or extreme temperatures. Successfully passing a physical exam, strength test, and drug screening is required.
- Must respond with sound judgment to sometimes unusual and unavoidably hazardous conditions.
- Must exhibit a respect for authority, a positive attitude, and desire to accomplish tasks through teamwork.
- Must be capable of dealing with customers in a way that promotes positive public relations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; and obtain an Oregon license within six months,and a clean driving record. Driver’s license will be reviewed at least annually. During the first year of employment, an electrical lineman must qualify for and obtain an Oregon class A CDL driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to work irregular and/or overtime hours in the event of a power outage or other emergency.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit the following:
- Completed EPUD application
- Cover letter (Explain why you want to be considered for this position and provide details about your past work-related experience to support your qualifications.)
- Veterans’ Preference Form, if applicable.
Application form and complete position description are available at www.epud.org/careers/ or at the front desk. Position will remain open until filled; however, initial consideration will be given to applications received by 6 PM, Thursday, August 24, 2017.
Please send application pack to:
Human Resources Manager
33733 Seavey Loop Rd
Eugene OR 97405
Applications with resume and cover letter can also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: August 24, 2017