Company Name: Idaho Power
Phone Number: (208) 388-2965
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: May 11, 2017
Salary: $35.15 - $43.94
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tracking Code 3436
Job Location American Falls, ID
Wage $35.15-43.94 ( Non-Exempt)
Application Deadline 5/23/2017
As a member of the American Falls On-Demand Team, performs new construction and maintenance work on overhead and underground distribution and transmission lines. Idaho Power Company offers excellent medical and retirement benefits, work-life balance, career opportunities and above all else, a focus on safety.
Typical duties will include:
- Builds and maintains distribution and/or transmissions facilities.
- Drives and operates line vehicles, such as line trucks and bucket trucks, snow cats, snowmobiles, four-wheeler, and backhoes.
- Works with “On-Demand” or “Project Teams” as required by management.
- Works independently as part of the rotation on the assigned team, including emergency response.
- Works with rubber goods and hot sticks on energized lines.
- Assists in planning jobs to ensure compliance with safety and construction standards.
- Teaches and mentors Apprentice Lineman.
- Assists in stocking trucks with tools, parts, and equipment.
- Line core process of new business operations, outage response, planned and unplanned maintenance; Line construction methods, materials, standards, and equipment; chemical safety and IPC safety program.
- Use of personal computers utilizing Microsoft products and time-entry software.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations; identify purposes of commonly encountered materials, parts, and equipment used in Lines construction; maintain neat, accurate, and legible records; respond to outages outside of normal working hours and work overtime at the discretion of the supervisor; read and understand construction drawings and diagrams, plat maps, feeder maps, and work order maps; and work on-call rotation. Establish positive working relationships with all team members and leadership; may be required to rotate as a lead lineman on the crew.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certificate of completion of an Apprentice Lineman training program that is recognized by the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training (BAT), including at least four years of relevant work experience, OR six years documented experience as a lineman in distribution and/or transmission, (two of which must be documented at a journeyman level), OR any Idaho Power Company (IPC) employee currently or previously employed as a Journeyman Lineman.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Class A CDL drivers license with acceptable driving record based on driving requirements for the position, and valid DOT (Department of Transportation) Medical Card or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR card within 90 days.
- The Lineman-Demand/Distribution position involves maintenance and repair of transformers at ground level and vault. This can require up to 150 lbs. push/pull activities, lifts up to 50 lbs., frequent kneeling, standing and crouching, as well as climbing into the vault.
- This job also involves climbing (up to) 50 ft. utility poles to install/repair, while carrying 40 lbs. safety gear. Mechanical and hand tools are used to dig holes up to 14 feet in which poles are placed via team lift. Cross arms, which require a team lift of 120 lbs., and other equipment will be installed/replaced on poles using a mag drill.
- Other activities required are loading and unloading ATV’s using a ramp, attaching wire, hotstick/shotgun use, hiking/carrying tools up to several miles per day, occasional digging and frequent above shoulder work including the use of a manual trimmer. Data entry is also required for up to 3 consecutive days to input all field work into record keeping software.
- Job placement is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment physical evaluations, including a Post-Offer Employment Test (POET) and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical certificate exam. The above is a summary of the primary essential functions of the position. This job may require the performance of additional tasks assigned by company leaders or management. Questions regarding job requirements or accommodation requests should be directed to Human Resources.
- Safety Focus, Collaborating, Communication, Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills, Work Standards, Adaptability and Decision Making.
- Additional safety related training may be required.
- Successful candidate must live or relocate within 20 minutes of assigned location.
- Must abide by Idaho Power Company’s Safety Rules and Regulations.
- The successful candidate will be required to work non-traditional hours, including daytime or evenings, weekdays and/or weekends.
- To ensure the manufacturer’s rated capacity of climbing hooks are not exceeded, applicants body weight cannot exceed 300 lbs.
Successful applicant may be assigned to any of the on-demand crews located within the Region as necessary. The successful applicant must live or relocate to within an acceptable distance from the assigned location (contact hiring supervisor for specific requirements). The job requires a non-traditional work schedule that may include daytime, evening, weekday, and/or weekend work. Occasional travel and overnight stays may be required.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at: Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: June 11, 2017