Company Name: Benton Rural Electric Association
Phone Number: (509) 786-2913
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: August 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Benton REA is now accepting applications to fill one full-time Journeyman Lineman (Journey Line Worker) position that will report either to the Prosser, Washington or the West Richland, Washington office, to be determined at a later date. This position is a bargaining unit position. The successful applicant will be required to meet, on an ongoing basis, the physical and other requirements stated in the current version of the Minimum Qualifications for the Journeyman Lineman (Journey Line Worker) position, and will be required to perform the tasks and responsibilities listed in the Journeyman Lineman (Journey Line Worker) Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to establish their domicile and principal residence, and reside full time, within a thirty (30) mile radius of the assigned headquarters. This requirement shall be a condition of employment. This residency requirement must be satisfied within one year from the hire date of the successful applicant.
- Education Requirements – A high school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma (GED) is required.
- A Journeyman Lineman’s certificate is required, and qualified by successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship program and by written exam as a journeyman is also required.
- Must have special instruction in First Aid – a current First Aid card is required to be maintained and proficiency in pole-top rescue is required.
- The ability to read and interpret staking sheets is required.
- The ability to read and comprehend drawing specifications is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). If a valid Washington State Driver’s License has not been obtained, then it must be acquired in a reasonable amount of time as specified by the Association. This item is required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain in a reasonable amount of time as specified by the Association, and maintain, a valid Flagging Card. This item is required.
- Physical Requirements (Sufficient dexterity to perform the tasks as listed in the job description.)
- Physical Skills Level C (Considerable) – Considerable physical skill is required. Job requires coordinated physical activities, usually learned through formal and detailed training, combined with considerable practice. Speed, precision, and/or timing are important and difficult to achieve. Body movement sequences tend to be involved and somewhat diverse.
- Physical Effort Level 4 (Heavy) – Job requires very heavy physical effort equivalent to continuous labor involving the use of heavy tools, materials, and/or equipment. Job may be characterized by highly descending, full body exertion and strenuous lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.
- Talking in person and on mobile radio and cellular telephones required.
- Listening in person and on mobile radio and cellular telephones required. Must be able to respond when being notified by a pager or cell phone.
- Adequate near and far vision (driving) required.
- Adequate depth perception (driving) required.
- Adequate color Vision (color coded wires) required.
- Handling, fingering, working with hand tools required.
- Crouching, stooping, reaching, twisting, turning, and balancing required while climbing and working on power poles. This item is required.
- Lift, carry, pull, and push items in excess of 20 pounds. This item is required.
- Some travel may be required. May be asked to take occasional trips out of the Benton REA service area in order to attend training classes and seminars. These trips may require driving a vehicle that is provided by the Association.
- The ability to speak, read, write, and communicate using the English language fluently is required.
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle with a manual transmission is required.
- The ability to perform pole top rescue is required.
How to Apply:
A Position Description, Minimum Job Qualifications, and an Application for Employment form, are provided at www.bentonrea.org under “EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES”. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a Benton REA “Application for Employment” by no later than 5 PM on September 10, 2018 to: Benton Rural Electric Association, Attn: Jeff Ekrut, Operations Manager, Prosser, WA 99350. Benton REA is an equal opportunity provider and employer providing a drug free workplace.
Posting End Date: September 10, 2018