Company Name: City of Port Angeles
Phone Number: (360) 417-4510
City: Port Angeles
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: September 28, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Under supervision of a Line Foreman, the journey level Lineman performs skilled electrical work in the construction, maintenance, and operation of the City’s electrical transmission and distribution system, both overhead and underground. All work is performed in a manner that ensures compliance with established work practices and safety procedures as well as economical use and security of vehicles, materials, and equipment.
Examples of duties include install, maintain, and operate the electrical system facilities, including transmission and distribution systems, substations, streetlights, and traffic signals; operate all utility vehicles and specialized equipment used in the electric industry; install and maintain wood poles and steel towers; install and remove transformers, capacitors, switches and similar equipment; install and maintain underground conductors, conduits, vaults, transformers, high voltage elbows, etc; as well as perform electric utility connections, disconnections, and the more hazardous electrical work concerning customer service activity.
- Must have completed an apprenticeship performing all classes of overhead and underground transmission and distribution work.
- Must have the ability to obtain an IBEW certification as a Journey Level Lineman.
- Must have a good driving record and possess or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license within 30 days of employment, as well as a current Class A CDL.
- Must have current flagging and First Aid/CPR cards and have completed related OSHA training.
- Must live within a 30-minute report time of Light Operations facility.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line at www.cityofpa.us. Complete the job application and submit a resume and copy of journey level certification.
Posting End Date: October 28, 2016