Company Name: Grant County PUD
Phone Number: (509) 793-1569
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: August 19, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
- An employee in this position will work under the direction of a supervisor or foreman as assigned.
- May perform work functions individually or with the assistance of other foremen, linemen, head groundmen, groundmen, electrical mechanics, technicians, toolman, apprentices, etc.
- Shall keep assigned tools and equipment clean and orderly with securing repairs and maintenance as required.
- Possess a basic knowledge of electrical theory and a thorough working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, repair, and installation of overhead and underground transmission/distribution power lines and related equipment.
- May be upgraded to foreman or assigned to other areas such as warehousing, transportation, electric shop, local office, etc., when required and if qualified as determined by supervision.
- High school diploma or GED from accredited institution.
- Journeyman lineman card/status recognized by the District and Union.
- Valid Washington State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with required endorsements.
- Valid first aid card including CPR training, equivalent to the State of Washington requirements for industrial first aid.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Washington State Electrical Workers Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Have the ability to read and interpret T & D system maps, drawings, procedures, and work order specifications to include construction standards.
- Be qualified to safely and competently operate all transportation and power-operated equipment associated with T & D line construction and maintenance functions.
- Write legibly and be able to maintain records, files, and fill out forms.
- Must be mentally and physically fit for duty.
- Able to perform activities at unprotected heights of less than 10 feet.
- Able to work in high noise/vibration areas.
- Work in confined spaces or areas that restrict movement.
- Work in close proximity of rotating and high voltage equipment.
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold, both inside and outside.
- Able to reach above the shoulder level.
- Able to differentiate colors and utilize senses (sight, hearing, touch, feel, and smell).
- Able to ascend/descend stairs and ladders.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Willing to work off of a ladder or scaffolding and in confined areas.
- Use computers.
How to Apply:
Apply online: http://www.appone.com/applinkportal.asp?R_ID=1216658&AdCode=NW00494890
Closing Date to Apply: Position Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
References and Background Checks are done as part of our employment process.
Posting End Date: September 16, 2016