Company Name: Northwest Lineman Center
Phone Number: (208) 888-4817
Job Title: Journeyman Level Lineworkers
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: December 5, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
HIRING JOURNEY LEVEL LINEWORKERS IN FLORIDA
POSITION: Full-Time Exempt, Journeyman Level Lineworkers
SALARY: $83,200/yr (equivalent to $40/hr), +$250–$300/day for special assignments, Outstanding benefits package
LOCATION: Edgewater, Florida
Northwest Lineman Center is coming to Florida! Northwest Lineman College has been an industry-leading institution providing power-delivery educational services since 1993. Northwest Lineman Center in Edgewater, Florida will be part of our family of companies. We set the benchmark standard of training for pre-apprentice, apprentice and journey-level lineworkers. But more importantly, we improve the lives of our students and we care about the happiness and well being of our employees. If you want a job with meaning in an environment where excellence truly matters, NLC could be the right choice for you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an NLC instructor (we call them Training Specialists), you will deliver both classroom and field training on a variety of subjects, using curriculum specially developed by NLC. NLC prepares you to deliver this instruction through in-depth training on educational principles and industry standards. Once this initial preparation is complete, additional training assignments on and off site will be available. Your students will include pre-apprentices, apprentices, journey-level lineworkers, and crew leaders from across the nation—sometimes across the world!
- Passion for training
- Journeyman lineman (certificate of completed apprenticeship required)
- Knowledge of regulations that apply to electrical linework (OSHA, NESC, etc.)
- Excellent communicator who knows how to select the right tone and medium for the message
- Proficient use of computers
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- CDL with good driving record (insurable)
- High level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism
- Ability to climb and work in elevated positions up to 95’
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, to bend and reach and to move or carry items weighing up to 65 lbs
- Ability to utilize personal fall arrest and positioning device systems within OSHA regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations (combined tool and body weight not to exceed 310 lbs, standard tool weight estimated at 45 lbs)
How to Apply:
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your résumé, cover letter, and proof of journeyman status to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Micky Rauenhorst. In your cover letter, tell us why you are the best candidate for this position. Please reference “FL Full-Time Training Specialist” in the subject line of your email. All inquiries and submissions kept strictly confidential.
For more information about being a training specialist at NLC, please watch the video at http://bit.ly/nlctraining.
Northwest Lineman College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and three-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
Posting End Date: December 31, 2016