Application deadline: Internally- August 18, 2017
Externally-August 21, 2017
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Journeyman Garage Mechanic (U17-147) $38.81/hr
Under the direction of the Head Garage Mechanic, perform skilled journeyman-level work in the repair, preventive maintenance, overhaul, and rebuilding of a wide variety of aerial, and construction equipment in the Hydraulic Shop.
Become part of our journey by:
- Perform preventive maintenance and safety inspections of vehicles and equipment
- identify safety hazards and make necessary repairs and adjustments to assure safe operation of vehicles and equipment
- Inspect assigned equipment
- diagnose electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems and determine the extent of repairs
- Test and repair associated components
- Maintain complete and accurate records for work orders, such as time, materials, parts, and description of work performed
- Ensure that work performed is consistent with established standards and time lines
- Observe all motor vehicle laws and ensure the safety of vehicles
- Perform skilled work involving the major overhaul and rebuilding of all aerial lifts, diggers Derricks, and cranes
- Inspect and adjust hydraulic and air brakes
- Perform metal fabrication on occasion
- Furnish own hand tools through 1-1/4 inch
- Must be able to use the Fleet Focus computer system
- Perform maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting on a variety of aerial equipment