Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Journeyman Garage Mechanic U16-237
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: January 9, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
January 16, 2017 (Internal)
January 22, 2017 (External)
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Journeyman Garage Mechanic U16-237
Under the direction of a head or lead garage mechanic, perform skilled journeyman-level work in the repair and preventive maintenance of a wide variety of diesel, gasoline, aerial, and construction equipment.
Become part of our journey by:
- Perform preventive maintenance and safety inspections of vehicles and equipment; identify safety hazards and make necessary repairs and adjustments to assure safe operation of vehicles and equipment.
- Inspect assigned equipment; diagnose electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic problems and determine the extent of repairs. Test and repair associated components.
- Maintain complete and accurate records for work orders, such as time, materials, parts, and description of work performed.
- Ensure that work performed is consistent with established standards and time lines.
- Re-line and adjust hydraulic and air brakes.
- Perform metal fabrication on occasion.
- Furnish own hand tools through 1-1/4 inch.
- Must be able to use the Fleet focus computer system.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of heavy and light-duty truck suspension systems.
You can bring the following skills to our team:
- Be a current journeyman garage mechanic.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of internal combustion engines, chassis, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of equipment modification and rebuild techniques.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA.
- Five years’ current experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy-duty vehicles and equipment.
- Previous skilled experience in automotive/diesel mechanics, heavy duty truck suspensions, brake systems, and aerial equipment.
- Basic knowledge of hazardous wastes/MSDSs/oil spill prevention.
- Ability to work at varying heights and perform climbing.
- Must possess or obtain a Class A (CDL) driver’s license.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics, drawings, and instruction manuals.
- Working knowledge of computers and applications such as E-mail and Fleet Focus.
- Required to live within a reasonable distance of headquarters.
How to Apply:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Your Total Compensation Package
Portland General Electric believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future. This package includes medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that include a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions, a stock purchase plan, plus more.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral), Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/portlandgeneralelectric)
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: January 22, 2017