Company Name: Pacific Power
Phone Number: (503) 813-7178
Job Title: Journeyman Estimator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: July 18, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
A Journeyman Estimator is an employee who represents the company when meeting with customers to determine customer load requirements and advise customers of the company’s service requirements. Will have a basic knowledge of available marketing programs and other associated company programs to serve the customer’s needs. Is qualified to perform all estimating functions related to building, re-building and maintaining company electric facilities. Shall have basic knowledge of electrical theory and practical and detailed knowledge of construction specifications, electrical codes, rates and service policies. Typical duties are to meet with new customers, document correspondence and work assignments per Customer Guarantees procedures, prepare right-of-way easements, make field surveys; process crossing permits, and designs expenditure requisitions and supporting documentation. The Estimator may assist in load studies, construction planning, budget preparation and other duties as assigned. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an Estimator apprenticeship program, or equivalent education and experience.
- An Estimator will have a basic knowledge of electric theory and operations and a thorough knowledge of construction specifications, electrical codes, mapping systems, and line extension polices and tariffs.
- Candidate will need to pass the Journeyman Estimator exam within 6 months from hire date.
- Previous experience as a Journeyman Estimator in the utility industry.
- 2 years of customer service experience.
- Familiarity with the Electric Service Requirements Manual and IBEW Local 659 Working Agreement.
Primary Location: Roseburg
Department: 00001027 Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Local 659
Hiring Range: 43.04
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Posting End Date: August 17, 2018