The Eugene Water & Electric Board is currently seeking a Journey Electric Meter Technician to work in the Meter Shop. Candidates with AMI experience preferred. The selected candidate will work in a team environment to service, test, and calibrate all single-phase and poly-phase electric watt hour, demand and recording meters (electro mechanical, and electronic), instrument transformers and related test equipment. They will also:
- Wire primary and secondary instrument transformer watt hour and reactive metering circuits.
- Investigate customer metering and voltage complaints, vandalism, power diversion and related metering problems.
- Create computer programs for various meter types, and forms.
- Assists/trains apprentices in working on energized and de-energized systems and equipment.
- Skilled in the use of various power tools, work on ladders, rooftops and be able to operate and work from bucket trucks.
- Receive meter shipments, number meters, record information and update customer records.
- Use customer accounts and billing systems, material management system, NIIPS and other network service systems on a daily basis.
- Deploy and troubleshoot commercial & residential AMI meters.
This position is subject to the terms, conditions and benefits of EWEB’s collective bargaining agreement with IBEW Local 659.
In order to receive consideration, all applicants must provide a copy of the certificate of completion or other documentation proving successful completion of a Meter Technician Apprentice course or training program. Documents can be attached to your application or faxed to (541) 685-7552. Documentation must be submitted by the posting close date in order to be considered.
As a member of the Electric Meter Shop you will be on the ground floor of advancing the meter shop to new metering technology and developing new strategies and approaches as the meter shop increases technology while successfully teaching shop apprentices. You will have the opportunity to work within an organization that values its employees, provides opportunity for advancement and has a strong safety culture.
EWEB offers employees a progressive working culture devoted to providing excellent public service. Our employees work in a fast-paced environment where creativity, innovation, involvement, teamwork and professional development are supported and encouraged. EWEB is also committed to providing a work environment conducive to the safety, health, and well-being of its workforce, and offers great benefits, including but not limited to health care, vacation and sick leave, pension and paid holidays.
EWEB takes pride in our commitment to diversity and inclusion among our employees. We embrace and value differences of culture, education, experience, physical ability and unique perspectives in our workplace. We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to diversity. Attracting, retaining and advancing talent from all sources strengthens our bond with the multifaceted community we serve.