APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 17, 2016
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Joint Use Specialist III (R16-430)
UAM’s function is to ensure compliance with state public utility commission and applicable federal telecommunication regulations and tariffs with regards to safety and joint use attachments on PGE poles, supporting PGE’s pole inspection program (FITNES), wireless attachments on poles and outdoor lighting. The Utility Asset Management Specialist III serves as a Lead on the business operations team and provides analytical and operational support of the day to day production activities (NJUNS, Permitting, Billing, Violations), for Joint Use, ensuring that all business is conducted effectively and within the guidelines of the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). This role supports the supervisor, as needed with daily management of work group activities. Represent the Business team in a variety of meetings and/or projects and works in collaboration with representatives on customer inquiries and handle escalated issues as needed.
You will support our journey by:
- Providing Operational Effectiveness by serving as a subject matter expert for the coordinator team and prioritize day to day workload for coordinators, while escalating issues to Supervisor.
- Solving business process issues and work with cross functional teams to identify best processes. Implement changes when necessary.
- Responding to inquiries from licensees on issues.
- Analyzing and monitoring work volumes and distributing work to meet OPUC mandated deadlines.
- Providing quality control review for billing, permitting and violations.
- Fully understand OARs related to pole attachments and pole inspection programs (Division 24 & 28) as well as internal policies and ensure department work meets mandates.
- Representing UAM in process discussions across T&D and partner to resolve process issues.
- Resolving day to day operational challenges in the production areas.
- Preparing recommendations to management regarding the planning of business practices and process improvement initiatives.
- Analyzing and reviewing regular coordinator stats for quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Monitoring employee performance and coaching, mentoring and instructing employees to meet performance objectives; regularly provide constructive feedback to team members. Identifying training for all coordinators; prepare appropriate process documentation and deliver training.
- Participating and leading certain agenda items in regular meetings with Licensees and other external stakeholders.
- Leading special projects as needed; including policy and systems implementations.
- In collaboration with others, researching and analyzing data and make recommendations on moderately complex technical issues
- Serving as Owner of external Joint Use Sharepoint site: and working with IT to report and troubleshoot issues, test solutions and provide training to external parties.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree in business and three or more years in a related area, such as project management, project coordination or Joint Use.
- Strong project management skills and Leadership abilities
- Strong Computer applications skills. Microsoft Office, GIS Mapping, Inventory and Work Order systems, Joint Use software, Financial and Billing systems.
- Strong knowledge of joint use permitting, billing, violations management and joint use pole transfer process with external parties.
- Knowledge in pole attachment construction.
- Solid negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Great teamwork and collaboration skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage time and work projects independently in a fast paced environment.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-430. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING