Company Name: Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (208) 292-3263
Job Title: IT/GIS Administrator I
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: January 10, 2017
Salary: $4,126 - $5,636 DOE
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Purpose of Position: This is an entry level IT/GIS Administrator position, with responsibility for providing corporate-wide server and end-user PC support for a variety of computer equipment, software and operating systems and assorted peripherals. Maintains corporate networking including Windows and other servers, wired and wireless networks. Implements scripts and other programming to automate end user needs and system tasks. Helps evaluate new technologies. Collects and maintains GIS/GPS data from both internal and external sources. Provides assistance, as needed, to the GIS Analyst II in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities.
1. Works closely with and takes direction from the GIS Analyst II in performance of his day to day duties.
2. Maintains GIS/GPS data accuracy, security and integrity at all times.
3. Insures GIS data is up to date. Processes data by using automated and manual input methods from sources internal and external of KEC.
4. Provides mapping services to maintain timely and accurate maps.
5. Processes data changes and updates as required. Improves accuracy of data using input from other employees.
6. Assists with end-user GIS support.
7. Performs field audits of the GIS data to identify missing or incorrect data.
8. Maintains GIS library.
9. Works directly with IT team for implementation of software and security procedures.
10. Assists end-users with existing projects and gathers input to improve the usability of the software.
11. Recommends schedules and performs network improvements as related to TWACS and other remote technologies, upgrades and repairs.
12. Provides basic and advanced PC support to Cooperative employees and Board of Directors regarding computer needs. Performs computer setup for users: installs software, hardware and network protocols.
13. Provides routine technical service for business equipment; analyzes and diagnoses faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures and corrects errors to maintain computer systems. Maintains a Help Desk program to provide computer and information resources to support users and corporate requirements, to store the database of history and resolution of problems and to track user requests and other department projects.
14. Responds to the Cooperative’s needs regarding security, integrity and availability of company computing resources.
15. Works in a departmental team environment to share responsibility of problem-solving and to improve the synergy of overall system flow.
16. Monitors and analyzes network resources (hardware, software, traffic) and performance.
17. Informs IT Supervisor of hardware and software problems, project progress, as well as scheduling problems, and all other matters requiring attention. Makes recommendations for network improvements. Records problems such as down time and actions taken to alleviate future occurrences.
18. Collaborates with other IT staff and provides assistance in their work.
19. Documents procedures.
20. Coordinates and cooperates with:
a. Internal: Works with all fellow employees and board members to help the Cooperative maintain a high productivity level.
b. External: Members, public officials, vendors, other utilities and the public.
21. Performs other duties as directed or required.
a. Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology/Computer Sciences or equivalent experience preferred.
b. Two years experience in the Information Technology field in the following areas: Corporate networking including Windows and other servers, wired and wireless infrastructure, WAN access including routing, firewalls and remote access, SQL Server, Oracle and other databases, Active Directory, Email and Cyber Security.
c. Preferred: Applicable security certifications.
2. Knowledge and Skills:
a. Strong interpersonal skills for conducting analysis interviews of management and users. Good listening skills.
b. Strong “systems” skills to enable understanding of Cooperative needs from a global view.
c. Strong background in operating systems and hardware architecture.
d. Aptitude to quickly learn new hardware, operating systems and other programs to implement and support corporate requirements.
e. Must be highly motivated with positive people skills, a strong commitment to Cooperative principles and to providing excellent customer service and corporate synergy.
f. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, board of directors, clients, members, employees and the general public.
g. Attention to detail and accuracy.
h. Effective organizational and record keeping skills.
i. Must have valid driver’s license.
3. Time Requirements:
a. Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
b. Moderate business travel and overtime.
4. Mental Demands:
a. Ability to work at both a global and detail level on highly technical requirements that demand a high level of accuracy.
b. Ability to schedule work to meet multiple deadlines.
c. Ability to work independently without direct supervision and to maintain project management scheduling.
d. Maintain a positive work attitude.
e. Complex data analysis.
f. Multiple concurrent projects.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must complete a KEC employment application and supporting materials, available at www.kec.com.
HR Manager, Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc.
2451 W. Dakota Ave.
Hayden, Idaho 83835
or fax to HR Department at (208) 762-8154.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm February 6, 2017 to be considered.
EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Posting End Date: February 6, 2017