Company Name: Lassen Municipal Utility District
Phone Number: (530) 257-6881
Job Title: IT Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: August 25, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
- Assists with deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, network servers, PC’s, laptops, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment;
- Supports users with technical advice and problem resolution;
- Assists in recording and maintaining hardware and software inventories;
- Installs, configures, and upgrades desktop hardware, software, and peripherals;
- Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users;
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processes, stored, or accessed by the network;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems;
Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, computer networking, cabling, communications and hardware selections and installation.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in order to disseminate information to staff and others;
Safe work methods and safety practices pertaining to the work.
Organize work to meet deadlines;
Be highly organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously;
Interact with a variety of personalities in a positive and professional manner;
Work evening and/or weekends, when necessary, in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the qualifying knowledge and ability. A typical combination is:
Associates degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field.
Two to three years progressively responsible computer operations and network management experience supporting Windows O/S and Microsoft Server applications.
Experience with the following software technologies:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Window 10
Microsoft SQL Server
Scripting andor programming
Web server administration
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must submit an LMUD Employment Application AND a current resume.
Applications and a full job description may be obtained from our website at www.lmud.org or contact HR at (530) 257-4174. EOE
Posting End Date: September 22, 2017