Website Northwest Public Power Association
The Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA) is seeking candidates for the position of IT systems project Manager. This position is at our headquarters in Vancouver, Washington.
The IT systems project manager is a hands-on role responsible for managing the association’s IT-related projects and coordinating required resources from staff, consultants, and other vendors. The position supports new initiatives, process improvements, and testing in the association management system (NetForum), the website, member communication tools, system integrations, and other initiatives. This person also manages the development and implementation of projects relating to planning support, analytics, feasibility studies, budget, testing, and schedule.
- Promote a member-first culture and commit to delivering outstanding results for members
- Manage multiple IT systems projects of varying complexity; research, track, and report on initiatives
- Establish project goals, plans, timelines, and budgets, and monitor progress against plans
- Communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes; manage internal and external expectations
- Develop effective communication plans and implementation plans to ensure that deliverables from significant projects are sustainable within the association
- Participate in vendor/client negotiations as a driver and facilitator
- Manage any vendor staff performing work on projects
- Collaborate with other staff to provide input and technical services in the development and execution of projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- CRM, association management system, and learning management system experience
- Systems integration experience
- Previous experience leading complex project teams or in a leadership role
- Analytical and evaluation skills to define critical tasks; establish sequence of events; identify individuals/teams, timelines, and outcomes; and to produce project plans
- Project management skills to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets; determine specifications, schedules, timelines; and define deliverables
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to interface with other staff and members to promote positive outcomes
- Expertise in the use of technical applications, software, and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, or a related field
- Five years related professional experience.
- Association or utility industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL or another relational database
Employment Status and Reporting Relationship
This is a full-time, at-will, exempt position that reports to the CFO & administrative services director. This position has no direct reports.
Compensation and Benefits
NWPPA provides exceptional health, vision, and dental insurance; a traditional 401K program; a retirement security plan; health and investment counseling services; and robust paid time off. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Applications@nwppa.org or by mail to:
CFO & Administrative Services Director
9817 NE 54th Street #200
Vancouver, WA 98662
Letter of interest and resume due by October 29, 2021.
NWPPA is a not-for-profit entity serving consumer-owned utilities throughout the Greater Northwest in the United States and Canada in three main areas: education, communications, and legislative/regulatory policy. The Association is recognized by its over 150 utility members as the premier education and workforce development provider for public power.
To apply for this job please visit nwppa.org.