Company Name: Klickitat PUD
Job Title: IT System Tech II
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: June 22, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Reports To: IT Manager or Supervisor, Network Administrator II
Status: Salaried Exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and day-to-day operation of the operating system of the servers, PCs, and other hardware and software, which includes mail services, web services, and databases. Responsible for ensuring proper capacity, reliability, and security of the server equipment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are not inclusive of all duties. The applicant may need to perform other related duties as required.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Servers, and Backup devices.
- Responsible for telephone system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers and other printers.
- Responsible for upgrades, performance monitoring, and management.
- Provide responsible and technical staff assistance related to Information Technology Services.
- Maintains knowledge of all responsibilities and duties as they evolve. (continuous learning)
- Maintains documentation on resource installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Perform related technical work as required. (Including relocating hardware and special projects.)
- Complies with policy and procedures to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable environment.
Information systems currently include voice and data communications infrastructure, servers, and personal computers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to independently perform all duties of the position efficiently and effectively.
- Troubleshooting skills- The candidate must be able to think creatively and systematically to resolve problems.
- Organizational skills- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to prioritize requests and organize time and resources to obtain maximum benefit to the organization as a whole.
- Technical skills- The candidate must have the technical skills to maintain and troubleshoot most areas of the system infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, VLANs, servers, database maintenance, mail service, critical applications, reliability and security, and the interoperability of enterprise systems.
Education and Training- Typical education and training would include at least one of the following:
- Microsoft Certifications.
- CompTIA Certifications.
- VMware Certifications.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in a similar work environment.
- A history of successful project planning and implementation.
- At least two years of experience as a System Technician, including the configuration and maintenance of servers, and databases.
- At least two years of experience in PC support.
The normal work week is 40 hours per week, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Occasional early morning, evening, and weekend work, could be required.
Some physical labor could be required, involving working outdoors, lifting up to 70 pounds, reaching, and climbing ladders.
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment.
- Must pass initial and periodic 7-year criminal background checks and credit checks.
Current or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire:
- First Aid/CPR Card
- Residency within Klickitat County.
An ideal candidate for this position would include at least some of the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Familiar with event log monitoring
- Familiar with vCenter
- Some knowledge of substation PLC’s and relay panel views (embedded operating system)
- Familiar with Oracle database maintenance
- Familiar with managing Windows Sever and Suse Linux OS
- Experience with electronic document /records management systems and procedures
How to Apply:
Applications are available online at www.klickitatpud.com and at the Goldendale Klickitat PUD Office.
Please submit your written application to Klickitat PUD, c/o Human Resources, 1313 S. Columbus, Goldendale, WA 98620, or by fax at (509) 773-7449.
Posting End Date: July 22, 2018