Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: December 18, 2017
Salary: $26.20 +
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
This position provides PC, printer, multi-function equipment, VoIP telephony, and help desk support in District facilities. Performs system hardware and communication connection repairs and basic diagnostic testing. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware and software installation, repair, testing and troubleshooting. The work for which an IT Support Specialists responsible for will normally be under the supervision of a senior support specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and configures PCs, multi-function equipment, and printers in District facilities, troubleshoots problems and performs repairs as required.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory list of personal computing hardware, software, and support documentation.
- Analyze and make recommendations for PUD hardware and software standards. Research new information technologies to assist in developing strategies for future electronic services.
- Load PC software, including applications,system upgrades, and security patches.
- Ensure trouble tickets are being responded to in accordance with service levels set by management.
- Work with supervisor and directors in understanding the District’s business processes and priorities.
- Work with internal technical staff and third party vendors in support of project requirements.
- Document technical, user, and administrative processes.
- Manage ongoing change requests and end user support tasks to ensure the District’s requirements are being met.
- Provide status reports and communicate progress.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the IT Manager or Senior IT Support Specialist to help the Information Systems business unit meet District goals and expectations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- An Associates degree in Computer Information Systems with a minimum of Two (2) years of PC Desktop, software, and VoIP telephony support experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
- A+, Network+, MCP or equivalent certification is preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and customer service skills to courteously deal with and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other District employees, outside vendors and the general public.
- Ability to work in multi-task work environment, with constant interruptions and distractions while maintaining and meeting strict deadlines for projects.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, and knowledge of basic arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to seek out and solve cyber security vulnerabilities in the IT Infrastructure.
- Knowledge in implementing security best practices.Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated in order to make independent decisions using sound judgment.
- Requires conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a professional business-like manner, both orally and in writing. Must understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted or private information and records and effectively handle sensitive matters.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols and standards.
- Ability to learn and support new applications and systems.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and PC Hardware.
- May require work hours in excess of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Must wear proper apparel for assigned working conditions in accordance with the District’s dress code policy.
- May require some travel (20%).
- Observe and abide by all District policies, goals and objectives.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time with up to 4 hours of consecutive computer work.
- Must be able to exchange phone conversations with office background noise.
- Must be able to position self to move up to 30 lbs.
- Must have an operating telephone at residence to assure accessibility for emergency call out.
- Must be able to pass post offer background check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to drive safely in all-weather/road conditions.
How to Apply:
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Its intent is to be a general guide of the duties and tasks we may ask you to perform as part of your employment with us. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of your duties or responsibilities with us. Job descriptions are dynamic living documents that change, as business needs change. We may elect to clarify, change or even add to this job description and your list of assigned duties in the future. We operate as a team and from time to time, you may be required to complete other related duties as assigned. Be able to perform all tasks asked or assigned of you is an important part of being a team member and a key expectation for your position.
To apply click here
Posting End Date: January 5, 2018