Company Name: Salem Electric
Phone Number: (503) 362-3601
Job Title: IT Administrator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: June 20, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Salem Electric is a community-minded, customer-focused electric cooperative seeking a positive, motivated individual with proven IT and customer service skills. The IT Administrator installs, configures, and maintains the organization’s Enterprise system and provides technical support services relating to information technology & services. Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve problems. Work responsibilities require independent analysis, problem solving and communication. This position requires the ability to effectively interact with employees at all skill levels to ensure that employees can successfully use technology in the performance of their job duties.
- Interact with information technology manager, staff, vendors and consultants to ensure that the company’s technology installation and maintenance needs are met.
- Maintain working knowledge of all systems used in the operations of business at Salem Electric. Including, Microsoft Domain environment technologies, Linux Systems and additional technologies as implemented.
- Strong ability to configure, install, test and troubleshoot networking devices switches, routers, firewalls.
- Assist in research and development for potential technology solutions in support of company initiatives.
- Research, recommend, purchase, install, configure, analyze and debug hardware and software applications for employee desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assess and effectively manage work priorities, team assignments, schedules, standards and resources.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Seven years IT systems support experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Proven ability to administer Windows servers and services, firewalls, routers and switches.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, network administration or another related area.
- Certification in related technology, MCSE preferred.
- Active Directory, e-mail and security administration.
- Administration of Hyper-V.
- Possess the technical skills and knowledge required to perform essential tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Willingness and ability to train or coach others in the technical arena.
- Must communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Must have the ability and aptitude to troubleshoot problems through to resolution in a timely manner.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a pdf resume with cover letter by July 12th to:
jobs@SalemElectric.com (E-mail is only active while positions are open.)
ATTN: IT Administrator Position
PO Box 5588
Salem, OR 97304
Posting End Date: July 12, 2016