Website Inland Power
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position provides program management for the energy services department to further the objectives of the cooperative in delivering exceptional member service specifically in the advisement of smart energy use. Areas of responsibility include administering the cooperative’s rebate program, coordinating the activities of the energy services specialist, maintaining communications materials and working with members, vendors and contractors to acquire cost-effective energy conservation.
- Act as primary contact for members inquiring about energy efficiency program offerings and conservation rebate status.
- Process conservation rebates for energy star appliances, energy star homes, heat pumps, windows and other conservation programs in compliance with the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) requirements.
- Compile and manage internal database for all rebates.
- Enter data into BPA reporting and invoicing systems.
- Balance rebates to IPL G/L monthly and subsequently report all measures claimed to the BPA.
- Scan and file processed rebates and maintain orderly records for BPA Oversight and Measurement and Verification purposes.
- Assist members with conservation initiatives and rebates and offer solutions that will help members reduce household energy usage.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, contractors and BPA third party contractors.
- Direct marketing and communications efforts of key conservation initiatives.
- Coordinate activities of energy services specialist; to include determining duty priorities and setting appointments.
- Provide written and verbal training materials and support within Inland Power departments.
- Oversee and maintain reporting of the Conservation Potential Assessment (CPA) under Initiative-937 ensuring compliance with state mandates.
- Create, implement, and manage new programs as relevant to the Clean Energy Transformation Act (CETA).
- Participate on the IPL CETA Task Force to ensure mandate compliance.
- Prepare and present department status reports to management and board of directors.
- Represent IPL and participate in cross-organizational project teams to develop recommendations for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of major programs.
- Prepare, submit, and adhere to annual department budgets and program forecasts.
- Write, manage, and review multiple contracts across numerous programs to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years of experience in a customer or member services position, preferably in a utilities industry, financial services industry, or a call center type environment.
- Experience administering a wide variety of conservation rebate programs is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Cooperative policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of BPA energy efficiency programs preferred.
- Experience working with NISC preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word and the ability to work with the software with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent people skills, including communication, diplomacy, interpersonal relations and conflict management.
- Ability to deal with the public in difficult situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Organization skills including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic bookkeeping.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply departmental processes and procedures.
- Experience with customer service, billing rates and credit procedures.
Mental Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to handle delicate situations with exceptional diplomacy; ability to deal calmly, professionally and tactfully with difficult people who may be angry, abusive, and/or threatening.
- Ability to diffuse difficult, sometimes hostile, work conditions.
- Ability to work with law enforcement agencies and to maintain confidentiality regarding information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Ability to manage diverse work functions while balancing and adjusting priorities in accordance with changing requirements.
- Ability to coordinate the actions of others.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and effectively under time pressure.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Inland Power and Light is committed to equal employment opportunity for all. Just as our commitment to quality motivates us to go the extra mile, we cooperate with the civil rights agencies in government in an effort to ensure equal opportunity in employment through an Affirmative Action Plan. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to assure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, disability or any other classification protected by nondiscrimination law.
Inland Power will make reasonable accommodation to assist a qualified person with a disability in the job application, interview process and to perform the essential functions of the job whenever possible. Please contact the HR department at Inland Power if you would like assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.inlandpower.com.