Website Inland Power and Light
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position provides administrative support to the operations department to further the objectives of the cooperative in delivering exceptional member service. Areas of responsibility include clerical duties for both design and construction. This position supports the Operations Admin. Supervisor and requires organizational and communication skills, decision making, problem solving and familiarity with workflow practices in addition, the ability to work with other departments within the organization and outside agencies.
1. Administers and processes work orders including service orders and daily workflow tasks.
2. Assists with completing work orders with crew notations, enters all changes, deletions, additions in to records system.
3. Assists in maintaining electronic work order files within the organizations document imaging system.
4. Assist the Operations Admin Supervisor, Fleet Foreman, ROW Maintenance Coordinator, GF’s, Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, and COO as needed
5. Back-up response to Emergency 911 calls
6. Assists with Outage Management
7. Receives departmental phone calls and assists members of the operations and engineering departments as necessary.
8. Identify and help implement process improvements for the department to increase efficiency and to provide the member with the best experience possible.
9. Is expected to cross-train in other key functions of the department (i.e. dispatching, scheduling, admin duties for other departments, etc.)
10. Assists with crew scheduling as needed.
11. Other tasks and duties, as assigned.Additional Information:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· General understanding of electric plant construction and materials.
· Knowledge of basic operation and maintenance principles for power systems.
· Basic knowledge of work management/workflow principles.
· Competency in Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook) and the ability to learn other software applications.
· Must have considerable skill in effectively dealing with a variety of people under difficult circumstances.
· Must have excellent phone etiquette and should be able to effectively handle and transmit information over the phone, fax or email.
· Excellent oral and written skills required.
· Organizational skills; including attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to multi-task in a team environment.
· Ability to learn staking sheets, invoices, work orders, service orders, mapping, tagging and other departmental processes.
· Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
· Electrical utility experience; preferred in operations or member services position.
· Associate or B.A./B.S. degree.
· Knowledge of rural electrification and cooperative programs.
· Must be flexible, organized, creative and a self-starter, with the ability to assess and solve problems.
· Knowledge of CIS platforms like NISC.
· Knowledge of real estate or land services.
Please visit Inland Power’s website at www.inlandpower.com/careers for a full job description and application.
Inland Power and Light Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.inlandpower.com.