Website Inland Power and Light
The inventory specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, forecasting, cycle counting, receiving, charging, and reconciling warehouse material.
1. Assists with forecasting material purchases for inventory and non-Inventory warehouse items.
2. Responsible for weekly Four Lakes and Trentwood warehouse cycle counts & monthly outside warehouse cycle counts.
3. Responsible for researching and reconciling all material variances to confirm accurate material is charged to work orders.
4. Charges all warehouse picklists in the financial system and confirms all warehouse documents are up to date and attached to the service order/work order.
5. Responsible to receive all material in the financial system and confirm all paperwork. Deals directly with Accounts payable for all discrepancies on receiving/ invoice paperwork.
6. Responsible for making tool purchases to insure minimum tool stock level and monitors budget level.
7. Responsible for assisting Engineering & Finance with long term budgetary material forecasting.
8. Responsible for updating all material descriptions, including manufacturer part #’s & adding spec drawings to all existing items.
9. Responsible for adding all new items requested by the standards committee to the financial system and works with engineering to add items to assemblies.
10. Assists with managing stock levels by monitoring turn over ratios to insure minimal stock.
11. Adds assemblies to the work order when a field engineer is not involved, and the job is done stake in field by the Line Crews.
12. Responsible to monitor the workflow to keep up with all miscellaneous crew maintenance charge outs.
13. Works directly with engineering to update all assembly as issues arise & confirms each assembly is associated with the appropriate item numbers.
14. Assists purchasing & warehouse supervisor with quarterly material meetings to ensure all departments are aware of material issues and future forecasting.
15. Assist with updating the stock warning report.Additional Information:
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
1. High school diploma or equivalent required with 3 years of electric utility experience preferred in accounting, operations or member services position.
2. General understanding of electric plant construction and materials.
3. Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, technical material pertaining to electrical, civil and structural disciplines.
4. Knowledge of basic operation and maintenance principles for power systems.
5. Knowledge of basic engineering for power systems.
6. Competency in Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook) and the ability to learn other software applications.
7. Must have considerable skill in effectively dealing with a variety of people under difficult circumstances.
8. Must have excellent phone etiquette and should be able to effectively handle and transmit information over the phone, fax or email.
9. Excellent oral and writing skills required.
10. This position requires the ability to work under pressure (possibly in emergency situations) and maintain good internal and external relationships.
11. Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task in a team environment.
12. Ability to learn staking sheets, invoices, work orders, service orders, mapping, tagging and other departmental processes.
13. Must be willing to work any shift and overtime as needed for emergency and outage management when required.
14. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
1. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. Knowledge of the CIS/ ABS platforms in NISC.
3. Knowledge of electric utility material.
1. Ability to analyze and resolve situations and problems.
2. Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines with a minimum amount of direction.
3. Ability to use techniques of effective time management.
4. Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects.
5. Ability to process paperwork effectively.
1. Most work shall be performed in an office setting, with some field work required when obtaining necessary information from outside firms and agencies. Some work may be performed outdoors under various conditions of weather and terrain.
Please visit Inland Power’s website at www.inlandpower.com/careers for a full job description and application.
Inland Power and Light Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.inlandpower.com.