Website Inland Power and Light
Purpose of Position:
Performs skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment, and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that cooperative facilities are properly maintained and meet standards. Oversee and interface with contract facilities maintenance trades. Assists in planning work, identifying facility’s needs, and in project management. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, mechanical, fire and life safety and keys/security systems, carpentry, painting and janitorial services.
- Responsibility for a wide variety of non-routine assignments across multiple trades. Provide input to management regarding the work, including participating in planning maintenance work, participating in project management tasks, and investigating and resolving unusual situations. Provide coordination and assistance to other staff on elements of the facilities maintenance trades. This position may be called upon to perform tasks associated with any maintenance functions.
- Performs preventative maintenance on building systems, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Assists management in planning and scheduling preventative maintenance work and recommends approaches to preventative maintenance programs.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities systems, components and structures; Roofing, building plumbing, low-voltage and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection equipment/systems, sprinkler systems, sensors and related hardware and software, maintains indoor/outdoor facilities.
- Maintains air handling units; cleans and inspects all equipment, completes filter changes, lubricates, maintains and services mechanical and heating and/or cooling systems.
- Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors; participates in estimates and evaluations of project costs; monitors work of vendors or contractors; assists in the review of new construction or remodel plans to assure compliance with facility maintenance standards.
- Accesses and makes all levels of adjustments to computerized control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems; and troubleshoots control system problems.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of facilities.
- Responds to emergencies to ensure that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks including snow and ice removal, maintains equipment for readiness.
- Knows and understands all company safety procedures. Assists in facilities safety inspections.
- Operates a company vehicle and is responsible for its safe operation and reporting any observed maintenance needs.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned:
- Rearrange furniture for events or classes
- Remove and properly recycle all recyclable materials
- On call maintenance for all facilities, 24/7
- Maintain exterior property, including snow removal
- Oversee janitorial services
- Oversee and maintain property/landscape, weed control
- Clean windows and glass doors as needed
Minimum Qualifications & Job Requirements:
a. High school education or equivalent 5+ years of working experience in facilities maintenance
b. HVAC knowledge and low voltage specialty electrical license
c. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
d. Ability to work with minimal supervision
e. Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
f. Must be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multitask
2. Knowledge and Skills:
a. Knowledge of Cooperative policies and procedures.
b. Excellent people skills, including communication, diplomacy, interpersonal relations, and conflict management.
c. Ability to deal with the public in difficult situations.
d. Good problem-solving skills.
e. Organization skills including attention to detail and accuracy.
f. Professional appearance and attitude.
g. Excellent mathematical skills.
h. Ability to understand, interpret, and apply departmental processes and procedures.
3. Mental Demands/Working Conditions:
a. Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
b. Ability to climb ladders and work effectively at heights on a regular basis
c. Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require
d. Ability to work in extreme temperatures
e. Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints, pesticides and herbicides.
To apply for this job please visit www.inlandpower.com.