Company Name: Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (907) 561-1818
Job Title: Information Technology System Administrator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: August 28, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration and system security of a multi-platform computing environment. Environment includes Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, IBM AS/400, Microsoft Exchange, IP Telephony systems and associated routers, switches and protocols, LAN/WAN, VMWARE, wireless technologies, and mobile computing.
1. Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensuring the security of the company’s core production server systems and information systems infrastructure.
2. Design the standards of system architecture for data and voice communications.
3. Responsible for backup of data, including automatic backup routines, testing data integrity and offsite storage of media.
4. Responsible for creating, securing and production of all network, system, security and user documentation.
5. Manage email, DNS, DHCP, DFS, file access, application and/or other systems and services as necessary.
6. Enforce company’s Electronic Communications policies and procedures.
7. Provide after-hours support as needed.
8. Responsible for group, user and desktop support for the company. Assistance provided for remote field employees or locations as required.
9. Responsible for inventory, maintenance and licensing of all Information Systems equipment or software.
10. Monitor system logs and activity on all servers and devices for the LAN/WAN.
11. May lead or guide the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
12. Coordinate with department managers to plan, design and schedule the release of all software, hardware or operating system updates.
13. Advise and assist with developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to electronic equipment.
This position may be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned in order to fulfill the objectives of the cooperative.
Education: Bachelor ‘s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
Preferred: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP or other related certifications are highly preferred.
Experience: Five (5) Years of similarly complex experience, with at least two (2) years of leadership or supervisory experience.
Areas of Experience: Experience with similarly complex systems and responsibilities successfully managing network design and capacity planning, managing software and hardware contracts, licensing and associated warranties, maintaining operating efficiency and stability in a secure and compliant environment. Experience providing group, user and desktop support and training as required by the Cooperative and department managers. Maintain and managing the backup of data and integrity of offsite storage of such backups. Extensive knowledge of DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP protocols, routing and VoIP technologies. Experience in routine server and security audits. Experience working with third party vendors regarding implementation and maintenance of integrated software, hardware and infrastructure.
High School Diploma plus 15 years of directly related experience in a similarly complex IT position, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience can substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent specification requirement.
AA/Two year Degree in Business Information System, computer Science or equivalent plus 10 years of directly related experience in a similarly complex IT position, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience can substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent specification requirement.
How to Apply:
A completed company application is required and may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Human Resources Department
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
4831 Eagle St.
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
An application can be downloaded from www.avec.org or you may call 561-1818. Positions open until filled. Interviews by appointment only. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Posting End Date: September 27, 2016