Company Name: Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 564-4359
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: September 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Information Technology Manager
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. Offering a four tens work schedule, strong benefits, and generous retirement program this is a unique opportunity for a rewarding career with an exciting organization in the growing community of Hermiston Oregon.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Information Technology department, ensuring technology supports company operations, service and strategic objectives. Oversees ongoing improvement of organizational effectiveness, efficiency and security by defining, delivering, maintaining and implementing UEC’s information technology.
- Consults with users and management to assess technology needs and system requirements.
- Monitors new technology trends and best practices of others, as well as trends in the energy industry. Assesses new opportunities and prepares recommendations for information technology systems, strategies, policies and procedures by identifying organizational needs and requirements for all areas of the company
- Manages IT staff, coaching, developing and recruiting employees. Communicates job expectations, sets goals and appraises performance.
- Oversees information technology projects, initiatives and goals, ensuring completion on time and on budget. Provides hands on support as needed
- Preserves assets, data integrity, and continuity of operations by preparing for and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and structures.
- Develops security policies and ensures ongoing security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Ensures reliability of technology, replacements and upgrades when needed. Provides timely and accurate response to internal technology requests.
- Prepares an annual budget and department work plan; schedules expenditures, projects and initiatives; analyzes expense variances and initiates corrective action.
- Oversees the management of vendor relationships, negotiating contracts as needed.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, ensuring compliance with all safety requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining an understanding of the cooperative’s business.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Posting closes 10/27/2017
Come join a growing business in the energy distribution field that is community minded and become part of our proud and successful Utility Management team!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Experience: 7+ years’ experience managing and/or directing information and technology functions with a minimum 5 years leading or directing others.
Posting End Date: October 27, 2017