This is an exempt, salaried position responsible primarily for computer infrastructure design, acquisition, installation, operation, and maintenance in the IS (Information Services) Department. The Systems Architect evaluates, procures, configures and optimizes the required hardware and software to allow computer users to operate efficiently and reliably. The goal of the Systems Architect is to build, operate and maintain the enterprise network and physical/virtual computing environments to support the company’s goals and objectives.
This position is responsible for technical leadership and operational support for the enterprise’s computer network and systems. Its role is to ensure the security, stability, integrity and efficient operation of the information systems that support the organization’s core functions. This includes monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all networking hardware, software, security devices and related technology. This position included some desktop support, user training and operational knowledge into the various applications that users operate. This position acts as technical consultant for systems and data analysis standards and policies.
This is a non-supervisory position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist and/or leads in the development, support and maintenance of new or existing system design, database or information applications.
2. Strategically plans, advises and builds on system needs and upgrades, now and for the future.
3. Troubleshoots hardware and software for the Computer Aided Design system.
4. Designs/manages and stays abreast of emerging technology on IS security systems.
5. Recommends specific improvements to security and internal control and follows up on all recommendations.
6. Works with employees to problem solve concerns and to optimize the efficient use of personal computers in the office environment.
7. Develops reports and custom requests for users.
8. First line support for all hardware including issues.
9. Assist the IS Manager and technology team by providing evaluations, feedback and recommendations on user needs and solutions to problems or future needs.
10. Respond to user inquiries and/or complaints. Troubleshoots problems and provides advice, guidance and technical analysis. Communications problems and status of resolution to user and IS Department.
11. Performs back-up duties for IS Management.
12. Others duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Skills and ability to do the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Solid skills in structured analysis and database concepts.
• Demonstrated proficiency in variety of computer software programs.
• Ability to use high level of decision-making skills, using sound judgment and analysis of facts and circumstances.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Network internals, Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
• Working knowledge of PC workstations and server construction & maintenance.
• Working knowledge of network security.
• Working knowledge of relational database constructs and principles, including SQL and other platforms.
• Ability to administer network functions, interfaces and system integrity, including switches, routers, firewalls and other hardware.
• Ability to perform a variety of complex information system and computer network development, integration, and maintenance work with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a proactive and result oriented manner.
• Willingness to increase personal knowledge of technology and share learning with others
• Ability to work as a member of a team and to work independently.
• Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to deal with stress
• Ability to provide appropriate training opportunities and to cooperate and interact with co-workers and trainees to accomplish training objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to maintain interpersonal skills, including tact, patience and courtesy with fellow employees and customers.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is normally performed in a general office environment. Training is performed both in a classroom and office conditions. During system emergencies, individual is expected to work extended out-of-routine hours. Position may require moving up to 50 pounds, climbing, pushing, and pulling. Must have the ability to endure a high level of stress due to workload, deadlines and sensitive nature of the position.