SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The IT Specialist role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Information Technology system needs of the Cooperative. Plans, coordinates, directs and designs IT-related activities of the Cooperative as well as provides support for daily operation of IT activities for the Cooperative. Works closely with IT Manager and employees in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the Cooperative.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (End Results Expected):
- Assist in IT activities including fostering innovation, planning projects, troubleshooting, and maintenance of resources.
- Assist in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Assist in defining business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Conduct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Assist with requests for proposal.
- Assist with the development and implementation of all IT policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABLITIES (Continued):
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures, and regulations. Reports unsafe conditions in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with both internal and external customers. Will be required to work closely with all personnel from management to subordinates. Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any employee or member information s/he encounters.
Must possess good communicative skills to effectively present data to various levels of management and to express oneself to all levels of employees.
Ability to communicate knowledge and ideas with clearness, effectiveness, and ease.
SCHEDULING AND PLANNING:
Must be self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met, projects are followed through and multiple tasks are done simultaneously. Must be able to prioritize, and plan to ensure tasks are completed on a timely basis.
Office equipment including: telephone, personal and laptop computers, tablets and software, other engineering equipment as required. Travel is required, must possess a valid Idaho Driver’s License, will operate a company vehicle.
Mostly climate controlled office environment, computer rooms are typically keep at low temperatures. Position will include sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. This position may frequently require work beyond a normal eight hour scheduled day. Stressful situations, frequent interruptions and tight deadlines should be expected with this position. Frequent travel required between Coop locations in all weather conditions. Some air and vehicle travel should be expected to attend training and conferences.
Employment is subject a to pre-employment drug test and background check.
This position description is used to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. The description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for personnel in this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business. Fall River Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. This position description is not an employment contract and does not waive the employment at-will doctrine.