Company Name: Northern California Power Agency
Phone Number: (916) 781-3636
Job Title: Hydroelectric Plant Mechanic / Electrical Machinist / Millwright
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Hydro Services
Posting Start Date: March 21, 2017
Salary: $42.10 - $57.21
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Hydro Technician installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, services, and operates turbine generator units, auxiliary equipment, and large civil infrastructure associated with hydroelectric power generating stations and facilities.
- Assemble, disassemble, and reassemble mechanical equipment, replace/repair parts, align, test, and adjust as necessary.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance to equipment such as large turbines, pumps, diesel generators, and hydraulic systems.
- Repair, modification, inspection, and maintenance of major civil structures including concrete dams, tunnels, and roads.
- Repair and rebuild air compressors, oil pumps, large valves, governing systems, oil lubrication systems, and complex hydraulic systems
- Monitor, control, and operate hydroelectric generating stations and associated equipment.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair malfunctions or failures of electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Observe equipment operation to detect malfunctions or out-of tolerance performance.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair and/or reproduce parts and fittings, working from blueprints and/or reverse engineering.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to plan work assignments and document test results and repairs.
- Utilize office and specialty computer programs as needed for predictive maintenance tasks.
- Maintain logs, records and files. Update drawings, equipment files, sketches, and reports.
- Inform system dispatchers and supervisors of the status of operating equipment.
- Respond to and evaluate plant emergencies and maintain regulatory water flow requirements.
- Fabricate, modify, shape, and repair metal equipment parts using a variety of metal working machines and welding methods.
- Perform complex rigging and crane operations.
- Operate snow cats, backhoes, boats, & forklifts.
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep work areas clean and safe.
(other duties may be assigned)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of mechanical experience, preferably in hydroelectric power generation.
- Completion of a state certified apprenticeship (preferred) or equivalent.
- Must possess unrestricted CA Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Ability to complete physically demanding work in rough natural terrain and noisy environments with the presence of safety hazards that must be properly managed to ensure safe operations.
- Willingness to relocate permanent residence to within 50 miles of Murphys, CA
Posting End Date: April 21, 2017