Company Name: Northern California Power Agency
Phone Number: (916) 781-3636
Job Title: Hydro Technician/Operator, emphasis on Electrical Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Hydro Services
Posting Start Date: June 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Hydro Technician tests, troubleshoots, installs, repairs and maintains electrical control systems, protection systems, and equipment in hydroelectric power generating stations and facilities, and operates, controls and maintains hydroelectric turbine generator units and auxiliary equipment. This position reports to the Hydroelectric Technical Supervisor.
Essential Duties: (other duties may be assigned)
- Test, troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions or failure of electrical or mechanical operational equipment such as generators, transformers and turbines using precision test equipment.
- Disassemble, repair, or replace defective parts and calibrate to within specified standards.
- Test, repair, calibrate, and install protective relays, digital controls, governors, and excitation systems.
- Test and repair equipment circuitry and interpret schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Test, troubleshoot, repair and replace printed circuit boards.
- Clean and repair windings and bearings of generators, and motors.
- Perform acceptance tests, and preventative and corrective maintenance to electrical equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, generators, motors, inverters, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems, and battery systems to correct malfunctions.
- Perform condition assessment of electrical equipment such as vibration, theomography, partial discharge, oil and gas analysis.
- Inspect and patrol overhead electrical transmission and distribution circuits for NERC compliance.
- Maintain / update electrical drawings, equipment files, sketches, reports and records to adequately document changes or alternations made to electrical systems.
- Complete and document NERC PRC-005 tests and calibrations.
- Operate, control and monitor hydroelectric generating units and auxiliary equipment.
- Inform system dispatch and supervisors of the status of operating equipment.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to plan work assignments and document test results and repairs.
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep work areas clean and safe.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized Electrical Technician apprenticeship (preferred).
- At least two (2) years of journey level Electrical Technician experience, preferably in hydroelectric power generation.
- Unrestricted CA Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Ability to complete physically demanding work in rough natural terrain, and noisy environments with the presence of safety hazards that must be properly managed to ensure safe operations.
- Willingness to relocate permanent residence to within 50 miles of Murphys, CA.
Benefits: NCPA offers excellent benefits including CalPERS medical and retirement plan, Veterans’ service credit and retirement medical. See our website for more details on NCPA’s extensive benefits package.
How to Apply:
NCPA Application form is required and available at www.ncpa.com.
Posting End Date: June 30, 2017