Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Hydro Relief Operator U17-247
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Hydro Services
Posting Start Date: February 13, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 24, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Hydro Relief Operator (U17-247)
Starting Wage: $29.21/hour
In this position you will provide operator relief as needed. You will also be assigned duties of a hydro maintenance worker. Hourly wage will be incrementally increased based on successful progression through the qualification process. Current fully qualified Hydro Relief Operator wage is $33.31/hour.
You will support our journey:
- Qualify as an Operator within 12-months of filling the position.
- All qualified Relief Operators will fill the primary relief position on a periodic rotating basis.
- Expected to automatically progress, based on Union seniority, to an Operator when a position exists.
- Participate in training on or off the job as required by the Company.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- 3-years’ experience as a Hydro Maintenance worker or equivalent.
- successfully complete or challenge the Hydro Operator Course.
- Take and achieve the minimum required score on the Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) examination.
- Regularly pass a criminal and identity background check in compliance with FERC, NERC, WECC, and CIP regulations.
- Pre-placement medical examination and physical capacity testing are required
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U17-247 by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: February 24, 2018