Company Name: Matanuska Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 761-9348
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist – Benefits
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: July 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
If you like a fast-paced, progressive environment and have a passion for HR this job is for you. Matanuska Electric Association, Inc. (MEA) is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist specializing in Benefits. Come join our dynamic, collaborative team where you will have an opportunity to contribute your HR expertise at one of the most desired employers in the Mat-Su Valley.
MEA is a progressive generation, transmission and distribution member-owned cooperative, with a service area of over 4,200 square miles, serving over 60,000 members.
MEA offers a strong compensation package which includes exceptional benefits (medical, Rx, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, employer-paid defined benefit plan, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, and paid time off increasing with tenure).
For a complete list of detailed job qualifications and to apply online, please visit MEA’s website at www.mea.coop. MEA is an EEO/M/F/D/V employer.
- Qualified candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or other related field and a minimum of five years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of benefit plans and programs.
- Qualified candidates must also have demonstrated the ability to deal diplomatically and compassionately with individuals and maintain composure when dealing with emotional situations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Work experience researching and analyzing benefits programs and plans
- Prior experience with database software; HRIS experience is desirable
- Prior experience in building and using excel spreadsheets
- Continuing education courses in Business Administration, to include Accounting, Human Resources, Business Law, Psychology and Sociology
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR and or SHRM-CP), or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR and or SHRM-SCP) certification.
How to Apply:
PLEASE VISIT THE ASSOCIATION’S WEBSITE AT www.mea.coop
TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AN MEA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Posting End Date: September 11, 2017