Company Name: FRANKLIN PUD
Phone Number: (509) 546-5954
Job Title: “HOT” APPRENTICE LINEMAN
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: August 2, 2016
Salary: $35.54 - $40.55
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Under the direction of a Journeyman Lineman, performs full “HOT” work with energized conductors over 600V. Under the direction of a Journeyman Lineman performs overhead and underground construction and maintenance of electrical distribution and transmission systems, substation construction and maintenance, and switching for both distribution and transmission voltages. The position works under the direction of the crew Foreman or Journeyman Lineman.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties listed below will be performed under the direction of the Superintendent, Foreman or a designated Lineman.
- Constructs and installs overhead and underground distribution lines. Examples of duties include digging holes and trenches, setting poles, climbing poles, stringing wire, placing equipment and testing systems.
- Performs work on energized and de-energized lines, daily. Performs this work in darkness, as needed.
- Operates heavy and light equipment, including digger derricks, aerial lift devices and backhoes. Works with various tools of the trade.
- Performs after-hours duties, as required. Responds to callouts in a timely manner. Works scheduled and unscheduled overtime, as needed or as required.
- Locates underground cable as requested by customers.
- Attends Saturday school and other approved classroom work. Successfully completes the coursework requirement of the Apprenticeship. Meets the expectations of attendance and punctuality, as set by the classroom instructor.
- Actively and positively participates in department meetings, safety meetings and tailboards.
- Attends regular reviews of the Joint Apprentice Training Committee (JATC), gives input as requested, accepts feedback and follows through on JATC recommendations.
- Customer service: Interacts with public during the normal course of business, in the Operations Center and in the field. Behaves in a courteous, professional manner.
- Professional behavior: Understands and follows District/supervisor expectations regarding appropriate dress, attendance, punctuality, scheduled and unscheduled time off, and appropriate use of District time, equipment and resources.
- Teamwork: Works closely and effectively with coworkers. Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled and in good standing in a recognized Journeyman Lineman Apprentice Program. Must have completed two or more years of the Journeyman Lineman Apprentice Program.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: Understanding of electrical theory and the safety regulations and work methods associated with electrical line work. Understanding of line construction and maintenance. Ability to safely and effectively operate the tools of the trade and the heavy and light equipment associated with electrical line work. Ability to possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and Class A CDL. Ability to possess a valid CPR/First Aid certification and Flagger’s card, and willingness to perform. Ability to communicate in an effective manner, demonstrating job knowledge. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Works outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Walks and works on all terrain, including uneven, rocky or sandy ground.
- Possesses physical capabilities required to safely operate a motor vehicle, in all driving conditions.
- Possesses sight, strength and coordination necessary to safely and effectively operate heavy and light equipment and tools.
- Climbs poles and works at heights.
- Duties entail full-body exertion, strenuous lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- Pushes, pulls, lifts and carries up to 60 pounds.
- A valid Washington State Driver’s license and Class A CDL is required.
- A valid CPR/First Aid certification and willingness to perform is required.
- A valid Flagger’s card is required.
- Maintaining a permanent, primary residence in Pasco or within a reasonable response time to Pasco Headquarters is required.
How to Apply:
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/franklinpud
Posting End Date: August 16, 2016