Website Hood River Electric & Internet Co-op
For application instructions, visit www.hrec.coop/jobs/line-super/
Are you an effective crew leader, who ensures safe, responsive, and member-focused service? As Line Superintendent you will be responsible for coordinating and directing the day-to-day work of up to eight line crew employees. They install and maintain our overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission lines, our fiber optic lines, and our substation facilities, and do our tree trimming. You’ll also handle locates, design & stake new services, and take after-hours call for locates and for outage supervision/coordination.
The Line Superintendent plays an important role in accomplishing organizational business objectives and achieving the strategic goals as established by the Board of Directors, General Manager, and Engineering & Operations Manager.
About Us: Hood River Electric & Internet Co-op has 22 employees who serve about 2,900 electric members at about 3,900 electric meters. We also have about 2,800 internet members who purchase our fixed wireless and fiber internet services. We’re known for providing affordable, reliable service, and we enjoy going above and beyond for our members.
About our System: HR Co-op owns and maintains about 270 miles of overhead and underground electric distribution lines within the upper Hood River Valley. We have two BPA points of delivery and also have a transfer service agreement with Pacific Power. We are in the process of building our first transmission line, and our second substation. Our system is well-built and well-maintained.
We provide both fiber and fixed wireless internet service within our electric service territory and in surrounding areas and are preparing for a full fiber-to-the home buildout. Our linemen build and maintain our fiber system in conjunction with our internet service department.
Everyone at HR Co-op wears multiple hats, and this role will too. In addition to the areas listed above, this position will take an active role participating in industry & regional committees to support Safety, Joint Apprenticeship Training, and Vegetation Management, while looking for continuous improvement opportunities within the co-op.
- At least five years’ experience working in electric utility operations management, or at least ten years’ experience in an electric utility operations position.
- Demonstrated supervision, leadership, and team building successes.
- Knowledge of personal computers and use of computers.
- Incumbent must reside within in a 40-minute drive of the office within six months of regular status employment
- Must be available to respond to emergencies and to work for long hours guiding crew response and prioritizing repairs during major outages which may occur after hours, on weekends, and during inclement weather.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Journeyman Lineman, or Bachelor of Science degree or Associates degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or other applicable area.
To apply for this job please visit hrec.coop.