Website Homer Electric Association
Homer Electric Association (HEA) is a member-owned electric utility serving the central and southern areas of the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. We are excited to be seeking for a Journeyman Lineman in the Kenai Facility. We truly believe in the cooperative values of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community and a successful candidate will have an opportunity to directly impact these values.
A successful candidate will perform electrical construction, operation, and electrical maintenance work for HEA. This person will be expected to perform the work in accordance with prescribed and acceptable procedures on a Journeyman level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing work on HEA construction and maintenance projects in compliance with shop drawings and specifications while adhering to HEA safety standards.
- Perform proper assembly or installation of overhead line construction such as framing and erection of poles, towers, and fixtures.
- Perform proper assembly or installation of splices, indoor/outdoor terminations, load break elbows, transformers, switch cabinets, vacuum/oil switches, conduits or ducts, vaults and pads, conductors, and various types of apparatus in the secondary, distribution, and transmission voltages.
- Operate equipment and vehicles related to power line maintenance, operations, and constructions.
- Respond to and perform problem/outage operations and maintenance when available outside normal work hours when required.
- At times must work with or around consumers. Therefore, must provide a highly professional level of prompt, efficient, accurate, courteous, and reliable service in such a manner as to reflect credit on the management of the Association and to assure utmost service to the membership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required to successfully have completed an apprenticeship program which is certified by the Federal Bureau of Apprenticeship Training and pass a Journeyman Lineman exam which meets the requirements CFR 1910.269.
- Required to provide from the IBEW local where the individual has passed their union examination, a letter on IBEW letterhead that indicates the date they took and passed the union examination for the journeyman classification.
- Must demonstrate job proficiency on an annual basis as required by OSHA CFR 1910.269.
REQUIRED LICENSES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must hold and submit a valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain a good driving record with no record of DWI or reckless driving during the preceding three years and containing no information which suggests that the applicant is other than a safe driver.
- Must possess and maintain a current State of Alaska, Electrical Certificate of Fitness.
- Must possess or provide proof of application for the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Must possesses and maintain a current CPR/First Aid Card.
- Knowledge of overhead and underground line construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code and any applicable OSHA regulations.
- Skills in climbing poles and towers, proper use of tools and safety equipment and proper use of reference materials.
- Ability to read shop drawings and maps, properly operate equipment and vehicles associated with maintenance or construction of transmission and distribution systems.
- Ability to properly prepare required forms and reports.
- Ability to apply rational thinking to solve problems, calculate measurements and comprehend relevant instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
Recruiting will continue until a qualified applicant has been hired.
Homer Electric Association, Inc. (HEA) is locally owned, and locally managed, and currently employs 139 people from the communities. The Cooperative provides affordable, reliable, quality energy services to its members and is governed by a nine-member elected Board of Directors. With more than 35,000 member accounts and over 2,400 miles of electric line in a 3,166 square mile service territory, members can benefit from the convenience of electric services their cooperative provides.
HEA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit homerelectric.applicantpro.com.