Company Name: Canby Utility
Phone Number: (503) 266-1156
Job Title: Groundman/Truck Driver
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: August 31, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs works in construction and maintenance of the electric distribution system, providing assistance to line workers in the performance of their work and operating all fleet vehicles, including pulling trailers and hauling loads requiring a commercial driver’s license. Work is performed under immediate direction of the Working Foreman and Line Foreman under the supervision of the Operations Manager. This position is a full-time, labor intensive position with no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to drive, operate and inspect all utility fleet vehicles, including vehicles or combination of vehicle and towing loads requiring a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement. Must be able to safely and proficiently maneuver vehicles on company and private property, roadways, highways and jobsites. Must have a good working knowledge of the rules and requirements when operating such vehicles and maintain compliance with Department of Transportation and Department of Motor Vehicles regulations and any other applicable state and federal laws.
- Supplies line workers with materials and tools while they are involved in line work, including running errands.
- Assists in checking location of existing utility lines to ensure safe installation.
- Assists in preparation of conduit, cable and related materials for installation.
- Assists in installing underground cable, stringing overhead wire, setting power poles and guy anchors.
- Assists in preparing transformers, cutouts, crossarms and streetlights for use in overhead and underground line work.
- Assists in setting transformers, both overhead and pad mount types.
- Digs holes and trenches for poles, guy anchors and underground lines and other construction or maintenance projects.
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools, jack hammers, chain saws, as well as other typical tools of the trade for the position. Cleans and performs light maintenance on tools.
- Backfills, tamps fill material and performs ground restoration of excavations.
- Stocks trucks with required material, supplies, equipment and tools.
- Be alert to, and respond with sound judgment to, unusual and hazardous circumstances.
- Performs warehouse and janitorial duties as needed or requested.
- Assists in tree trimming by raking leaves, picking up limbs, chipping brush with chipper and other right-of-way clearing activities.
- Ability to work before/after normal hours to meet utility needs, including emergency response.
- Performs work in accordance within organizational, industry and regulatory safety rules, regulations and practices. Understanding usage and care of protective clothing and equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to form and maintain positive and cohesive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, elected officials and the public.
- Performs other tasks and duties as needed, required or assigned.
Have a High School Diploma or GED, and have and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with airbrake endorsement. Have and maintain a satisfactory driving record and the ability to demonstrate safe and competent driving skills. Position is labor intensive and physical abilities must be met as described for this position.
CPR and First Aid card, Oregon State Flagger certification, Competent Person certification for soils evaluation, excavation, and shoring. Experience operating forklift, backhoe and other construction equipment.
Electric distribution utility work, equipment and materials, and industry adopted safety rules and regulations.
Follow oral and written instructions, perform manual tasks quickly and accurately, hear with background noise, and represent Canby Utility in a manner conducive to good public relations. Respond to emergency call out incidents before or after normal working hours, on weekends and/or holidays within 30 minutes.
How to Apply:
Apply in person at 154 NW 1st Avenue, Canby, Oregon, or visit our website at www.canbyutility.org to download a job application.
Completed applications can be brought to our office, sent by mail (must be received by 9/15), emailed to email@example.com (please confirm it was received), or by fax at 503-263-8621.
Applications must be received before 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2017.
Posting End Date: September 15, 2017