Website Grant County PUD
Engineer I: $56,721.60 – $87,360.00 Annualized
Engineer II: $63,731.20 – $98,155.20 Annualized
Engineer III: $71,552.00 – $115,190.40 Annualized
Engineer IV: $80,433.60 – $129,500.80 Annualized
Responsible for cost – effective engineering activities in the Power Production Engineering Department including design, project management, contract management and construction coordination at the Power Production Division. Duties include capital and maintenance engineering support for the Priest Rapids Project, 2,000 mW Hydroelectric generating facilities and other District Facilities including small hydroelectric generating plants and fish hatchery sites.
- Complete electrical engineering design, project management and construction coordination for Power Production assets.
- Provide Engineering Supervisor with cost effective recommendations for maintenance, repair and replacement of Power Production assets.
- Provide long-range planning to develop manpower and budgeting for orderly replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Prepare technical specifications and drawings for contract documents under guidance of Engineering Supervisor or peer engineers to be used for bidding purposes.
- Administer contracts for work performed on District facilities by contractors, including inspection of contractor’s work.
- Provide engineering assistance to other business units in the resolutions of problems arising from daily activities.
- Manage work by consultants, contractors and other contract personnel.
- Prepare detailed instructions; including drawing markups, revisions and manuals.
- Provide necessary oversight for craftsmen to implement engineering changes in the field.
- Maintain good relations with company representatives, craftsmen, suppliers and other engineers while keeping informed of the latest equipment, practices and processes in the power industry.
- Provide recommendations on budget requirements, scheduling and management of projects.
- Assist other engineers with work orders, budgeting, contracts, purchasing accounting and technical information.
- Perform field inspection of work and provide required reports.
- Provide direction and recommendations for machine troubleshooting efforts.
- Conduct failure analysis and prepare equipment reliability statistics.
- Actively promote teamwork approach in conducting business.
- Demonstrated commitment to Grant PUD’s mission, vision, values, strategic plan and Vision 2021. The incumbent should be familiar with these organizational priorities and behave in a way that aligns with these expectations.
- Understand and adhere to compliance requirements for this position that may include laws, regulations, security guidelines, Grant PUD policies & procedures.
- Actively participate in all aspects of our safety program, including but not limited to:
Following all safety policies and procedures;
Alerting supervisors and coworkers to unsafe or hazardous working conditions;
Reporting any safety incidents or close calls within 24 hours to your supervisor; and
Accepting feedback from supervisors and coworkers regarding your own safety performance.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or B.S. in Electrical Technology. Electrical engineering experience in hydroelectric field preferred. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Professional Engineering (PE) registrations preferred for career development.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of – Hydroelectric generation, turbines, generators, governors and appurtenant equipment; Basics for preparation of project budgets, cost estimates, engineering economic analysis and feasibility studies; Basics for preparation of studies with alternative development and project budget planning and project management; Electrical safety codes such as NFPA 70E, WAC Chapter 296-45, NESC; Electrical Engineering analysis software; Industrial power distribution design principles; Industrial panel design principles; Industrial machine operation (motors, cranes, valves, HVAC); High and low voltage electrical equipment (breakers, transformers, disconnects); Design and implementation of instrumentation and control systems utilizing panel meters, transducers, Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC’s), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s), and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s); Design automation systems utilizing Ethernet networks and industrial communications protocols; Hands on coding, configuring, and troubleshooting PAC’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, and VFD’s; Hands on configuration and troubleshooting of Ethernet networks and industrial communications protocols; Hydraulic controls principles.
Skills in – Project scheduling analysis, preparation and use of MS Project software; Utilization of Electrical Engineering analysis software such as ETAP; System analysis and complex mathematical, analytical equation generation and use of MATLAB; Use of Microsoft Office suite to aid in budgeting and management of daily tasks; Demonstrated skill in planning, report writing, coordinating and problem solving; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral; Demonstrated ability to read electrical drawings; and ability to read civil / mechanical drawings; Demonstrated ability to use District maintenance management system and work management software, Maximo; Demonstrated ability to organize and conduct meetings; Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and accomplish a variety of tasks concurrently; Demonstrated ability to work in office environment, shop and field/outdoor environments.
A valid State driver’s license is required.
Duties are performed in an office environment and in various field locations including the powerplants.
For a full list of requirements, the applicant/incumbent should refer to the Physical Capacity Evaluation, (PCE).
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas.
To apply for this job please visit www.grantpud.org.