Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: GIS Property Specialist (R16-676)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: December 2, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2016
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
GIS Property Specialist (R16-676)
In this position, you will lead the Property Services document management system and integration of geospatial data in property records database and provide analysis, reports, diagrams, exhibits, and maps for the Department. In addition, you will also administer and maintain GIS software applications. This position will secure easements, permits, licenses and consent agreements as necessary to authorize and protect all rights needed for the installation and maintenance of Company facilities as well as assist the Manager with property acquisitions and sales.
Support our journey by:
GIS Specialist Functions
- Manage and maintain geospatial data conversion, design, development, training and quality assurance for Department’s current and historical property records. Participation in management and continued development of documentation and geospatial data management systems.
- Develops project essential exhibits, maps and analyses of geospatial data and participates in projects working with special report preparations.
- Install and troubleshoot problems with the document and geospatial data management systems, including installing new applications, installing upgrades and assisting users to solve software problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in the GIS field for application to essential job responsibilities;
Property Specialist Functions
- Assists and supports Property Services Manager with regard to the various activities involved in the acquisition, management and protection of Company real property interests including easements, rights of way, land use permits, acquisitions and sale, and land use planning/zoning documentation.
- Participates in land use actions and obtains and manages local, county, federal, state and other agency permits as required. Identifies and informs Company of risks, timelines and requirements for the permitting of Company facilities. Prepares and presents detailed cost estimates for potential placement of Company facilities along utility corridors (present and future).
- At times, leads the negotiation for and securing of property interests, easements, permits, licenses and consent agreements as necessary to authorize and protect all rights needed for the siting, installation and maintenance of Company facilities. Reviews and participates in the preparation of documents such as agreements, permits, applications for use, conditional use permits, etc. Prepares and manages expenditure requisitions and forecasts for right of ways; Accountable for the success of the project and/or function.
Bring the following skills to our team:
- Demonstrated expertise in GIS administration, systems integration, and the application of all major types of GIS software for the digitizing, storage, retrieval, manipulation and presentation of spatial and tabular data.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate principals, federal, state, and other agency land use and permit requirements, applicable Company policies, practices and procedures, and federal, state and local laws and regulations, including Oregon land use regulations and processes for siting purposes as they pertain to Company facilities
- Knowledge or experience with contractual documents, land use permitting, easements, county recording processes, title reporting, and permitting with governmental agencies and jurisdictions.
- Skills in reading and interpreting property legal descriptions, title reports, and appraisal reports.
- Proficient in using various GIS and mapping software applications, MS Office Suite including Word and Excel as well as property specific document management systems to track and organize property interests and project work.
- Knowledge of the electrical utility industry and experience in acquiring right of way and related property interests on behalf of an electrical utility preferred.
- Knowledge of project management practices and ability to identify, coordinate and oversee all aspects of right of way acquisition and permitting to provide day-to-day management of various issues and to manage all right of way related agreements and documentation preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record; Willingness to work outside of the normal office environment; Available for periodic evening and weekend work and local/out of town travel.
The successful candidate will typically have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Law or a related field with major course work in information management, geographic/geospatial information systems; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of five years of experience in real estate, title, right of way, appraisal, valuation, documentation of property interests and financial analysis and a minimum of one to two years’ experience and training in analysis, cartography, GIS, or natural sciences; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-676 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: December 15, 2016