Company Name: Alaska Power & Telephone
City: Port Townsend
Job Title: GIS Mapping Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 2, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Recognized as one of the most progressive utilities in Alaska, Alaska Power & Telephone (www.aptalaska.com) currently provides service to communities located above the Arctic Circle, deep in the Wrangell Mountains and throughout the islands of Southeast Alaska.
We have a full time opening for an GIS Mapping Technician in Juneau, Alaska. Collaboratively working with engineering contractors on new project as-builds and verifications, this position will maintain outside plant facilities programs and maps as needed. Other duties include completing and submitting Traffic control plans to DOT and submitting Telecom and Power State and Local permitting for capital and maintenance projects.
Our ideal candidate will have 3 years of drafting experience and will also have splicing and permitting experience. If you are detail oriented and self-directed, please apply today!
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace
Candidate Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma or GE
- 3-5 years of drafting experience; preferably in AutoCA
- Knowledge of outside plant fiber and copper installation.
- Familiarity with State DOT and Local ROW Permitting.
- Familiarity with Traffic Plan design and implementation.
- Telecom Utility splicing and central office experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by AP&T
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- A pre-employment background and drug test require
- Ability to travel to other properties and meetings as required (3-4 weeks per year).
- Proven ability to cope with Alaska’s harsh weather & challenging environment.
How to Apply:
AP&T is a small employee & investor owned, non-union utility. We offer competitive wages and an attractive compensation and benefits package. If you are self-motivated and want to work for a stable company, please apply today! There is no relocation benefit for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Applications are only accepted online. Please apply at https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/1717/gis-mapping-tech/login
Posting End Date: June 1, 2018