Company Name: Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 524-2841
City: Baker City
Job Title: GIS Analyst/Staking Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 25, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative (OTEC), has an immediate opening for a GIS Analyst/Staking Technician to be stationed at its headquarters in Baker City, Oregon.
This salaried non-exempt position is responsible for the design, layout and calculation of the estimated cost of work orders; and provides support to the Operations and Engineering Department in maintaining OTEC’s mapping and GIS system. These systems are the basis for the design of an efficient and cost effective electrical distribution system. A detailed list of job duties and responsibilities is included in the job description posted on OTEC’s web page.
- Serves all internal and external customers by answering questions related to GIS products, providing service and information, assisting and participating in a team environment.
- Promotes a safe work environment by adhering to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assists others by performing other related duties as may be requested.
- Contributes to an economical and efficient distribution system by maintaining an AM/FM mapping system identifying the location of all electrical plant as well as linked database information detailing this plant.
- Contributes to the efficient operation and decision-making process by integrating Right of Way information into the existing geographic information systems used for system analysis, membership trends, demographic information and other informational needs of the Cooperative.
- Design, layout, and calculate the estimated cost of work orders, obtain permits and easements, and assists in assembling capital budgets.
- Post proposed work orders on maps and update maps according to “as-built” staking sheets. Key in/close work orders “as-built”.
- Perform field construction audits by checking actual versus the estimated job and rectify any discrepancies and balance materials.
Applicants must have the following education/experience to be considered:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four years of professional work experience including automated mapping, database analysis or design, programming, testing, project management, Arc Server and Arc SDE administration, GeoMetric networks and implementing GIS software applications. Experience may be substituted with a Bachelor of Science Degree in GIS (Geographical Information Systems), Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Advanced expertise with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite – versions 10.1 and later.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
- A GIS degree or certificate.
- Experience providing documentation for both geo-processing history and attribute definition. Experience with Microsoft Office, Visual basic or Python programming languages, Access and SQL databases.
How to Apply:
The OTEC employment application and a detailed job description are available at https://www.otecc.com/careers or by request at any local OTEC or WorkSource Oregon office. This position is open until filled and the selection process may begin as soon as April 30, 2018.
Posting End Date: May 24, 2018