Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: GIS Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 27, 2016
Salary: 4853.00 to 6032.00
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the District’s ArcMap/ArcFM based Geographic Information System (GIS) and work order management systems, and for providing a high level of technical support, and services to personnel in digital mapping and District asset management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The GIS Analyst will routinely and independently perform, with technical and policy guidance on unusual or complex problems, the following:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the District’s specialized and dedicated GIS, work design, and work order management software and systems.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to trouble-shoot and resolve problems with specialized GIS systems; recommends solutions.
- Maintain and validate the data integrity and accuracy of the District’s GIS and work order management systems with respect to property information, customer data, electrical facilities and equipment by reconciling information gathered from various District documents, processes, employees and outside agencies. May involve mapping research in the field or in the office. Enter new map data using digital files, hard copy graphics, such as asbuilts, CAD drawings, or job maps as well as through digitizing and data entry.
- Participate in the development of long-range planning goals relating to the District’s GIS and work order management systems and computer hardware and software requirements including upgrades, software and output/reporting processes.
- Produce, develop and deliver map products and related documents as requested for all departments. Demonstrated abilities to operate a variety of related equipment such as plotter, printer, digital camera, and GPS unit.
- Support the GIS Supervisor by acting as back-up in GIS related issues.
- Support GIS by acting as a technical liaison between IS and GIS departments.
- Improve process workflow, manpower efficiencies, and software utilization for system management assisting in research, evaluation, and further development of integrated data management systems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor GIS programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of GIS programs and systems.
- Maintain technical documents. Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Provide users with assistance solving GIS related problems.
- Work independently as well as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met.
Other Position Functions:
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum qualifications: Associates degree or equivalent course work from a vocational or technical school, in geographic information systems, geography, planning or computer science plus a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience providing GIS functions.
- Preference may be given for Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Geography or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
How to Apply:
Cowlitz PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. This recruitment will remain open until Friday, June 17, 2016. To apply for this position you must complete the District’s application, which can be found at www.cowlitzpud.org, and provide a cover letter, resume sample map and answers to the supplemental questions. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Posting End Date: June 17, 2016